Getting Movies on a P910 using a Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MeanD3feat, Jan 31, 2005.

1. MeanD3feat macrumors member

As the title suggests I would like to use my new 'toy' to convert my DVDs into a format my SE P910 can play, I've searched this forum and I've googled my request and there are a few solutions for PC users but nothing for the Mac (that I can find anyway) and since this is now my only computer I'm starting to get a bit worried that it isn't possible.
    I'm not being dumb (okay well maybe a little :rolleyes: ) I'm just new to Apple and I'm in the process of getting it all together-basically doing what I could on the PC on my shiny new iMac. So far things aren't going well (check THIS thread in Gaming) so if this isn't possible it's another push in the direction of my Mac becoming a very expensive paper-weight!
    Any advice, no matter how long-winded (simple answers always prefered though!) would be great.
    Thanks
    :)

2. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

Sony ericsson web site indicates that the 910 supports mpeg4 video. If this is the case you can use Handbrake to rip from the DVD. If that doesn't work you can the use Quicktime (you will need to get QT pro) to export from the peg4 to a 3g movie, I know this work with my Nokia 6600.

3. MeanD3feat thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, will this approach allow me to optimise the video for my p910? Adjust settings such as frame rate and resolution etc?
    Thanks again :)

4. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

i dont think handbrake has to many options, but if you re exportthe mpeg4 from QT pro you will be able to drop the frame size, rotate the image & change the frame rate & compression. I think a lot off messing about will be needed to get the movie to the right size to play ok.

5. MeanD3feat thread starter macrumors member

Thanks

Ok well thanks for the advice, I'll look into QT and let you know how I get on.
    Cheers :)