Getting my first iPod! (Funny Story with it)

Discussion in 'iPod' started by twistedlegato, Dec 12, 2007.

1. macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

I have always wanted one.
    A few years ago when the iPod nano was first released, I desperately wanted one. So i started selling a ton of my Gamecube and PSP stuff. About Half way through this i realized i did not have a computer to use my iPod with. My friend had an iMac G4 so i knew of Macs.

The next year, in May i finally had half the money for my Macbook. My parents said they would match the price too. I fell in love with macs, and felt strange when i got back on PC's. Later that year the Nintendo Wii came out. I had to have that, so i got one on launch day. There went my iPod money. And since games kept coming out i kept buying them. Never having enough for my iPod.

Then my Macbook was beginning to feel slow. I needed more RAM. More money spent. I also my a MIDI to USB connecter for my piano. More money spent.

But here i am now. Money in hand. Two years later. My first iPod! Though it is because of this i have my Macbook. Which was a much better purchase at the time.

I have decided on an iPod classic 80GB. It seems to be the best deal at the moment.

I am also having it engraved to say:Warning, Harmful if Swallowed
    :D

2. macrumors 603

SkyBell

Congrats on the iPod!

And you know some idiot is going to read that engraving and test it out. :D

3. macrumors 68000

GSMiller

Wow you're worse than me for seeing things and having to have them :p Glad to see you finally got your iPod plus a MacBook and a Wii though!

4. macrumors G5

Consultant

Oh wow, congrats.

If you want to save a few dollars, try dealmac.com
    The current deal is at PC Connection.

5. macrumors G5

Consultant

Just don't get side tracked and start saving up for a Mac Pro or something =p

There is also the Apple refurb store, although the iPod classic has not made an appearance there yet.

6. macrumors 65816

dolphin842

I just noticed last night that Amazon is taking $15-$20 off retail for some of the classics and touches.

7. macrumors 68000

pianoman

congrats.

i remember playing with my friends' 2G in 2002 and then deciding to take the plunge myself in 2003. certainly the market has changed, as you're now getting 4x the capacity of what i got for $150 less!

enjoy it :)

8. thread starter macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

I Got It!

Attached Files:

9. macrumors 68000

GSMiller

Nice, and you went with black, nice choice :cool:

10. macrumors 6502a

Slip

Same with my friend with a 3G iPod, I loved it. He was pissed when I got my 5G with twice the storage ;)

11. macrumors 65816

yoda13

Congrats!! Ipods are great purchases...:D

12. SXR
    macrumors 6502a

SXR

Looks good! Nice story with it , indeed. Congrats on your iPod, black is an awesome color. With the black clickwheel.. yumm! :)