Getting photos off ipod

Discussion in 'iPod' started by jlcharles, Mar 25, 2007.

1. jlcharles macrumors 6502

Mar 30, 2006
    Wenonah, NJ
    My brother-in-law, in his infinite geniousness(is that a word?), didn't wait for my help to fix his computer. Long story short, 10.4.9 kept his ibook from booting and I told him to find his disks and call me back, planning on repairing permissions with him and walking him through what to do. Well, he didn't wait and reloaded his laptop, losing everything.

He has pictures on his ipod, I don't know if they are full size or whatnot, but I need to try to get them off his ipod and back to his laptop. Getting the music and anything else off it is secondary. How do I do that, expecting that he didnt check off enable disk use? Is there a way to authorize it on that computer again or something so it doesn't erase everything when I hook it up to the ibook?

Any help would be great.
  2. sonofjabba macrumors member

Mar 10, 2007
    You Need a Program called Tune Tools. It's a newer version of Tune Transfer for the photo & video ipods. CompUSA sells it for about 20 bucks.
  3. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Aug 30, 2006
    Well when you first connect it, it'll ask whether you to auto-sync with the existing library regardless of whether he has it on auto-sync or not.

If you can somehow enable Disk Use without saying 'no' on that window (when you do that I've found that it will unmount the iPod) then you should be able to navigate to the photos.
  4. n-abounds macrumors 6502a

Mar 6, 2006
  5. oo5yolo10 macrumors member

Jan 2, 2006
    I am kind of having the same problem. I used my ipod to backup my files and photos, but instead of just putting the photos on the ipod and used it like an external hard drive, they are in the actual "photo" section of the ipod. How do I get these on to my new computer? Any help?