Getting Photos off of iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by PaleoNerd, Jun 13, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

I recently had a catastrophic hard drive failure on my iMac and lost all of my data. Unfortunately my last back up was a couple weeks ago and I had taken plenty of pictures since then. Luckily I have transferred all my pictures to my iPad. I was wondering if there is any way to get them off of my iPad and back on my computer. Thanks.

2. macrumors 6502

j3yq

Email them to your self or upload them to mobile me gallery.

3. macrumors member

LAnMarc

Import them one at a time with GoodReader and then use iTunes to copy them to your Mac.

4. macrumors 6502

I use iPhoto to pull pics off of my iPad.

5. macrumors 68000

Even if you can get them off the iPad they won't be full res images

6. macrumors newbie

Simple, plug your iPad into your iMac. Fire up Image Capture, select the iPad in devices. Then you import 'em. Hazza! You're done.

Oh, and they WILL be full rez (this was tested with my iPad w/CCK and my 2 Nikons)

HTH

7. macrumors 68000

The are only full resolution if they were imported vis the Camera Connection Kit.....if they were moved over via iTunes they are "optimized" not full res

8. macrumors 68020

jclardy

Photos put on an iPad from iPhoto don't show up in Image Capture. I don't think iTunes allows you to put photos back on your computer unfortunately...Using email or good reader may be your only options.

9. macrumors 6502a

ChrisGonzales90

I know on windows the iPad will show up in the computer folder. You can access your pictures and just copy and paste them to the main hard drive. Though it may only work for photos you saved directly on the ipad it self.

10. macrumors 6502

The Mad Hatter

...then there's jail breaking and iFile. However, that's a topic for another discussion. ;)