Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jpipitone

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2004
I talked with Motorola and Cingular - no one knows.....Motorola wasn't much of a help - the customer support agent didn't speak any English.

plasmicmac

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2006
leodavinci0 said:
There is another option I use that I have not seen, and thought might work with other motorola phones. I'm running 10.3.9 and use a v265 with Alltel. Also, I'm using a USB cable model # skn6311B that should work with most motorola phones. It is possible to transfer photos and ringtones to and from the phone using the free software bitpim (bitpim.org). You need to have your computer setup up with the phone before you can do anything; if you can sync with isync you should be set up. Also, jsut in case, I use the driver found at http://homepage.mac.com/jrc/contrib/mobile_office/Verizon_Wireless_STD_Driver.hqx ; it goes in /library/modem scripts/. The quick directions on how to drag photos off is: In preferences choose the modem port 1181 and in phone type choose "other cdma phone." "view" the filesystems and the photos are stored in /motorola/shared/pictures. The trick is you must have the pictures you want off categorized on the phone. if you dont put them into a category you make up, it wont list them in the filesystems. i would suppose the v710 and razr have this option as well. If you want to put photos on the phone, just overwrite the existing ones with a photo that is no larger than 375 by 350. If anyone wants to know how to do riingtones, just respond and ask. the directions are long, and it is semidangerous and time consuming. i know this isnt too relevant to the post, but thought it might help, and I was rather excited yesterday when i found out how to do it, so i thought id post it when i saw this article.

could you be a little more specific in how to transfer the photos and/or access the motorola phone (i have the razr) filesystems...i can't seem to figure it out.

thanks. i've been trying to do this for a week or so now...

drop me an email at plasmicmac@socal.rr.com

aimeekitty

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2006
ok, I tried using bitpim, and I've gotten to the point where I think it's seeing the phone, and I can get into the motorola/shared/picture folder...

but there are no photos there (even though there are definitely photos on my phone).

I've tried all the buttons I could think to try on the phone to somehow modify the photos on the phone to "catagorize them"... ugh.

I'm so frustrated. I got this phone so that I could take photos with it and put it on my computer to share via my blog. I'm using Verizon. I'm so amazed that Verizon can get away with crippling the phone so that you can't file share.

if I can't figure out a way to get the photos off the phone without paying verizon's 25 cents per picture, I guess I"m going to have to return the phone. So hopefully this thread isn't too dead? I don't have much time left before I can't return the phone anymore.

Much much much thanks to anyone who can help me.

odkelly

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2006
categorize for help....

aimeekitty said:
ok, I tried using bitpim, and I've gotten to the point where I think it's seeing the phone, and I can get into the motorola/shared/picture folder...

but there are no photos there (even though there are definitely photos on my phone).

I've tried all the buttons I could think to try on the phone to somehow modify the photos on the phone to "catagorize them"... ugh.

I'm so frustrated. I got this phone so that I could take photos with it and put it on my computer to share via my blog. I'm using Verizon. I'm so amazed that Verizon can get away with crippling the phone so that you can't file share.

if I can't figure out a way to get the photos off the phone without paying verizon's 25 cents per picture, I guess I"m going to have to return the phone. So hopefully this thread isn't too dead? I don't have much time left before I can't return the phone anymore.

Much much much thanks to anyone who can help me.

to aimeekitty..

to categorize the pix 1st go to the pictures menu on the phone
press the top center keypad button (dont know what it's called)
keep scrolling down until you get to CATEGORIES
scroll to NEW CATEGORY and then select it
name the category and exit
now you have another folder besides "unfiled"
go back and select a picture
press that top center key again
scroll down Keep going til you get to "assign to category"
highlight your just named category and you're done

Alas I have not been able to get as far as you with BitPim...please tell me what else you did... did you install thatSTD driver mentioned by leodavinci0? what OS are you using? I'm using 10.3.9 with the razr v3(not c) with cingular.....
i'm using a usb cable (don't have bluetooth) no prob w/isynch putting phone
numbers onto the phone
but cant get bitpim it to recognize the camera at all
there must be a way without spending $45 buck on DATAPILOT

odkelly

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2006
nix on driver

answered my own question... it was a verizon driver...i'm using cingular are there similar drivers for them as well?/ what is it driving anyway??

sprstu

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2005
white bear lake, mn
wow, you would think that with all this technology things would be easier. But they are not.
I too ma having the same issue with the V3 razr not sending photos to my PB, I can sync all my numbers and cal stuff, but the pics wont come off.
I dont have anything to add to this thread, I was just joining in the vocalized frustration.

Rocky3478

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2005
sprstu said:
wow, you would think that with all this technology things would be easier. But they are not.
I too ma having the same issue with the V3 razr not sending photos to my PB, I can sync all my numbers and cal stuff, but the pics wont come off.
I dont have anything to add to this thread, I was just joining in the vocalized frustration.

V3 or V3c?

beatle888

macrumors 68000
Feb 3, 2002
denholmepetrie said:
For some reason the bluetooth doesnt pick up the phone - I heard there was a problem with this and certain Moto phones (?) - as it picks up other bluetooth devices fine.

just so you know it took me days to find out why my girlfriends razr wasnt syncing and i found that isync cant access any info on the SIM card. the info has to be on the phones native memory...NOT the SIM memory. once we copied her information to the phone, iSync worked perfectly. this info might help in your situation.

they may have resolved that but i doubt it.

beatle888

macrumors 68000
Feb 3, 2002
aimeekitty said:

but there are no photos there (even though there are definitely photos on my phone).........

again, maybe the bitpim is looking on the phones native memory and your photos are saved to the SIM card? try transferring the photos to the phone memory or see what the save settings are set at for photos.

odkelly

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2006
hmmmmm

beatle888 said:
again, maybe the bitpim is looking on the phones native memory and your photos are saved to the SIM card? try transferring the photos to the phone memory or see what the save settings are set at for photos.

how did you move the info (btw: what specific info..) from the sim to the phone memory... PLEASE

bhonig

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2003
odkelly said:
answered my own question... it was a verizon driver...i'm using cingular are there similar drivers for them as well?/ what is it driving anyway??

ODkelly, Did you get your Razr to speak to your Mac using BitPim and USB yet? If so, how did you do it?

I have a Razr v3 going through USB and able to Isync it okay. But looking for a way to get photos downloaded from the RAzr. I tried BitPim but can't get it to talk to my phone (I might be using the wrong thing). Help...anyone.

thanks!

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2006
BitPIM is a waste of time...

I didn't want to waste $80 on Data Pilot either, but I was more than willing to spend $25 on a USB Bluetooth adapter. The brand I got was MacSense, although I was looking for the D-Link. Anyway, the adapter works great and allows me to have Bluetooth (and the file transfer capability from the phone) to any of my Macs. I think that is the best answer to this question.

bcryer

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2006
Dallas, TX
I'm stumped! I have the Razor V3 phone; however, I cannot locate a cable that will connect it to my USB port on the Macintosh G5. I've located a program for synching Entourage, iCAL, Apple Address Book, etc. to the V3 Razor at http://e2sync.com/, however can't find a cable to do it. I've tried going through Bluetooth, but it never discovers my phone. My car is bluetooth capable and it had no problems finding the phone.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
bcryer@swbell.net

jmu

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2006
I'm stumped! I have the Razor V3 phone; however, I cannot locate a cable that will connect it to my USB port on the Macintosh G5. I've located a program for synching Entourage, iCAL, Apple Address Book, etc. to the V3 Razor at http://e2sync.com/, however can't find a cable to do it. I've tried going through Bluetooth, but it never discovers my phone. My car is bluetooth capable and it had no problems finding the phone.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
bcryer@swbell.net

You need any mini-USB cable to get this done. Go to Wal-Mart and look for a cable with a standard USB and mini USB end (that plugs into your phone).

AFA bluetooth, be sure to put the V3 in Find Me mode or Bluetooth On mode or your mac will not find it. It is possible that your car is sending a "turn BT on" signal to your phone and your Mac is not.

xoxtoxickissxox

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2007
gettin pics off my phone

i have a motorola v3 razor from t-mobile. i would like to find out how to get my pictures off of it, i am using a usb chord. i just need step by step directions on how to transfer them

hotcalsun

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2007
RE: Getting pictures from my Motorola Razr V3

For some reason the OBEX (file transfer) functionality has been removed or disabled on a lot of the V3 phones. In my case, I just used a third party software (free) called P2KCommander to move files, photos and more! I posted a "how-to" on my blog to make it easier.

http://www.somelifeblog.com/2007/01/motorola-razr-v3-how-to-charge-and.html

-HotCalSun
http://www.somelifeblog.com

Hey guys,

First post, long time reader. Just got my first Mac since the introduction of OSX - a 2x2.7 Power Mac G5 - and I'm incredibly pleased with it so far.

Anyway, I've managed to hook up the Razr to it with no problem via the USB cable, and it sync's fine with iSync, but is there a way to get my pictures off it? At the moment I'm still using my PC and the Motorola software for that. Thought I'd ask here since it's a popular phone and there's bound to be some posters who use it.

Thanks,

DP

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.