Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itsjustmeee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2008
I just got my new mini yesterday and I'm loving it! I'm trying to get plex to just start up automatically when I start the mini. I've tried making an alias for plex and dragging it into "accounts/login items", but that doesn't seem to work. It just opens up a text box with some sort of code. I've also tried just dragging the plex icon in the dock into login items as well, but that just makes it disappear from the dock and it does not go into the login items box.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Nevermind ..... just figured it out!

jamesraward

macrumors regular
May 18, 2009
I have this working like this but how can I stop it? 'Open at logon' isn't checked...

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I have this working like this but how can I stop it? 'Open at logon' isn't checked...
Delete any occurrences of Plex from the following locations:
  • System Preferences > Accounts > yourusername > Login Items
    (Lion and ML users: System Preferences > Users & Groups > yourusername > Login Items)

• /Library/LaunchAgents/
    (Lion and ML users: In Finder, click Go > Go to Folder > then enter the path above)

• ~/Library/LaunchAgents/
    (Lion and ML users: In Finder, click Go > Go to Folder > then enter the path above)

• /Library/StartupItems/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.