Getting powermac G4 will any Nvidia AGP card work?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by stevey500, Dec 8, 2004.

1. stevey500 macrumors 6502

Ok here it goes... I am getting a G4 770mhz(or somewhere around 700mhz) and it has AGP. Will any AGP card work? Or does it have to be a Mac edition card :rolleyes: I have a 9600 ATI AGP card and an Nvidia Ti4200 MYVIVO card. I would like to use my nvidia MyVivo card so I can use the video input and outputs on my mac with premiere. Does anyone know for sure that this will work? Thanks

2. saabmp3 macrumors 6502a

You can use a PC card IF you flash it with the correct mac bios first. Finding the correct bios for your card can be hard, and flashing it can be catastrophic if not done correctly.

BEN

3. stevey500 thread starter macrumors 6502

lol, well thanks for the reply... I have been looking everywhere for some help on google for a mac bios rom but i have not found anything... Is there anyone that would like to help me with this?? I will PM you my email. Thanks

4. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

both cards are unflashable, sorry, some guy claimed the 4200 was but never told anyone how.

the 9600's just plain dont work

5. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

As mentioned before PC cards don't work unless you can flash them. The 9600's you can buy for G5 powermacs can be modded to run in G4 powermacs. You can get them premodded from OWC

6. stevey500 thread starter macrumors 6502