Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

4nex

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2006
Mine done this too but when i used the longer flex of cable for the charger that came with the MBP it goes away for some reason. :confused:

The cable has metal contacts that connect to the metal stub on the psu so it is grounded. Any electrical build up in the computer is then drained to the mains earth. The plug doesn't have the metal contacts (not sure why tbh) so the psu isn't grounded. When you touch the computer case, you become the easiest path to ground which is why you feel the current from the case.

imacintel

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2006
Done it on a dare..(and i have braces..) nothing happened... but my tounge was dry...
I licked my PowerBook g4 adapter. Nothing happened, but my tooth started to hurt. Happens every time.

*licks powerbook adapter to be sure* *gets zapped* *dies*

krestfallen

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2005
you guys all get shocked by your PB's and MBP's?

I own a PB G4 for one year now and i never realized a electric static or a shock or something, never. I can't trust my eyes - if i have got an shock from my PB i would call apple and whipe their ass up.

smacman

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2006
you guys all get shocked by your PB's and MBP's?

I own a PB G4 for one year now and i never realized a electric static or a shock or something, never. I can't trust my eyes - if i have got an shock from my PB i would call apple and whipe their ass up.

No kidding! Anyone that has a Macbook Pro that is shocking them would be nuts not to take it up with apple. If it's shocking you, that means that your static discharge could also damage the logic board.

Mallow005

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2006
I had a rather painful shock on my right forearm while typing one time, I couldn't tell if it was one of my hairs that got pinched in between the bezel or something, but it certainly felt like a shock to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.