Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xmichaelp

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2012
Looks like this is linking to the new iTunes for Windows (from what I can tell... it has the new logo)

http://www.apple.com/itunes/affiliates/download/

Edit: Just checked. Still downloading 12.1.2 despite the updated page. :-(

Side note... I can only imagine how much people are going to complain about this logo:

callout_download.png

I love that logo. MUCH better than the rainbow one that was on the Apple website. This one actually matches the iOS ones.

AaronRuggiere

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2014
California
So I went to upgrade my itunes, and I upgraded to 12.1.2.

I clicked on the "Try now" link and iTunes is telling me that I need version 12.2 to use it.

But when I try to upgrade I'm told that 12.1.2 is the latest version.

Is it because of my operating system? I'm running OSX Yosemite 10.10.2. Don't see why this is a problem...

You gotta wait. Its iTunes 12.2 You need not 12.1.2.

yocko

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2008
Jesus, What an epic fail. I wasn't expecting much after iTunes Match which also is a mess. But this...

And I am an apple fanboy... Really...

Songs just mysteriously disappeared from the cloud, disappeared from match, from my phone and my laptop. And since I am abroad and pay quite a hefty price for roaming it is not easily fixed. But I have apple music now, but I can click an album a hundred times and it will say 'added to your music, but nada. It adds two songs, or nothing. Apple and Internet services. I don't know about this eddy cue.
Have you ever tried 'quickly' downloading a movie for a trip? Even BitTorrent does it 200 times faster...
I had hopes because the Beats team was taking over. But no luck.

And people can say the servers are being hammered. But this is in the first hour where not many people had 8.4 running. If they can't deal with this load we are gonna have a laugh when it's weekend and iTunes 12.2 is out.

Amateurs. First of all. Please give me my iTunes Match music back!

mariusignorello

Suspended
Jun 9, 2013
I don't know if this has been said yet, but...

Developers can partially use Apple Music on iOS 9 beta 2 by initially using the service on iOS 8.4 on another device. If you add a song/album to My Music it will appear and play on a beta device.

HyperliteG4

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2002
Southern California

Attachments

• Screenshot 2015-06-30 14.42.06.png
    Screenshot 2015-06-30 14.42.06.png
    109.5 KB · Views: 73

Release

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2012
How do you tell a radio station to NOT play an artist or a song? Sometimes I get a heart that I can click to tell it to play more/play less and other times I just get the heart with no options.

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
Same thing happened to me. Update VIA Mac
Tried that. I'm one of Apple's Beta testers, and iTunes tells me I've already updated to 8.4 (even though it's just the Beta version). I'm pretty sure the problem is that I have the Beta. My wife's iPhone and iPad updated without issue. I assume a fix will be along in the next few days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.