Getting Started with Xcode

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pjkelnhofer, May 20, 2004.

1. pjkelnhofer macrumors 6502a

pjkelnhofer

I would like to try to learn how to use Xcode. I have some experience using MS Visual C++ in the windows world, but am interested in learning a little bit about programming for Macs. I cannot find any books about learning Xcode, so I was wondering if anyone here had any suggestions or websites that would be good places for tutorials, lessons, etc.
    Thanks.

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

There is a book by Aaron Hillegass that is quite good. Search Amazon for it. It's called Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X I believe. A new edition is due out this month or next if I recall. So you'd want to wait for that. I have some good links at the url in my .sig but the forums are quite lacking (no community I'm afraid).

3. pjkelnhofer thread starter macrumors 6502a

pjkelnhofer

Thanks. I will check the book out.

4. maxvamp macrumors 6502a

maxvamp

You MUST!!!

sign up for Mac Developer's Journal. This will greatly help out, as it is one of the best dev mags I have every seen.

Goto the Mac Developer Journal's website to get a sample copy or sign up.

Max.

5. howard macrumors 68020

howard

6. pjkelnhofer thread starter macrumors 6502a

pjkelnhofer

That is what I am not sure about. I am more interested in learning the Xcode IDE. I have searched the developer section of Apple's website and I just cannot find a good manual on using Xcode.