Getting texts off of a Nokia to an iMac??

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by netdog, Oct 12, 2006.

1. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

I would like to get my texts off of my Nokia 6230i onto my iMac.
    There are lots of messages to transfer, so I am hoping not to have to use email (not that I have it set up properly on my Orange) but rather to connect via Bluetooth and find a way to grab the texts.

2. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

If you have a PC around, maybe Bootcamp, you should be able to find a Nokia 'connectivity suite' for your phone and download the text messages that way... clunky, but I can't think of any other way of grabbing them.

EDIT: http://europe.nokia.com/A4144903

3. netdog thread starter macrumors 603

netdog

4. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

Not that I'm aware of. I thought Orange had a free 'backup' service for their customers at their stores. Worth checking on?

5. netdog thread starter macrumors 603

netdog

6. dcv macrumors G3

Try BluePhoneElite :) there's a free trial and after that it only costs about $20 for the full version. I use this to save my text messages - you can export them to text files or even to your Address Book or iCal.

7. netdog thread starter macrumors 603

netdog

Is it possible to store my SMS messages taken off of my phone onto a USB key or other external drive instead of having the program store them on my internal drive? I just don't want to leave message on my system where they can accessed.

8. dcv macrumors G3

Well yes, you don't have to export to iCal or Address Book, you can just save them as text files to store wherever you want.