Getting the time back in the far-right of the menubar?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Alex Bischoff, Dec 18, 2003.

1. Alex Bischoff macrumors newbie

I apologise in advance if this is a beginner's question, but I haven't been able to find an answer through searching the forums :-/.

I'm running Panther on my 15" PowerBook and I was messing with the battery's menubar settings (I changed it from "time" to "percentage", then back). But now, the battery's status is on the far-right of the menubar and I liked it better when the time was on the far-right. Is there any way to get the time back in that position?

2. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

hold the apple key and then you can use your mouse to drag any of those little menu icons around.

in addition, if you want to get rid of any of them, hold apple and drag that menu icon off the menu bar.

3. Alex Bischoff thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks so much! That worked great :).

For what it's worth, where can (or should) I be reading about this kind of thing? For all I know, maybe there are other useful keyboard hotkeys that I'm not aware of.

4. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

well, i learned about this trick when i asked a similar question somewhere. (in my case, i wanted to remove the BT status icon because i have no BT device...)

just hang around, follow posts and you'll learn a lot real quick.

if you are so inclined, go to a library (or a bookstore, if you want to buy one) and read some books about OS X. you'll learn a lot. (i've read the missing manual: OS X. a good read. bob levitas' OS X for dummies was pretty good too.)

5. zellin macrumors regular

And when you're done with that, for some more advanced, more useful UNIX-y type tricks go to macosxhints.com.