Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tydog07

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 10, 2011
Ann Arbor, Mi
Hi guys,

When I'm adding mp4 files to my itunes library, I've been getting a lot of duplicates even though I'm only adding the file once. And as you can see, I get the same show listed twice, even though the files are the same.

If I try to delete one of the shows listings, it'll delete the entire show or episodes (files) from another tv shows listings.

Attached is a photo to show my problem.

Please help!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-01-24 at 3.24.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-01-24 at 3.24.40 PM.png
    140.9 KB · Views: 221

Tydog07

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 10, 2011
Ann Arbor, Mi
Additional: Page Ins/Outs

I remember reading on here somewhere that you can tell something about your system's health by reading into the page ins/outs on your ram. What can you tell me about mine?

See attached.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-01-24 at 3.40.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-01-24 at 3.40.19 PM.png
    25.9 KB · Views: 117

AeroFan1

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2013
Please disregard. My fix was for tv show duplicates appearing on the iPhone

After much frustration and a little experimenting, this fix worked to remove all duplicates on my iPhone 4s using iTunes v10.6.3.25 / iOS 5. Doesn't require any drastic measures and only took 2 minutes to accomplish!

Note: I can't confirm this procedure works on iTunes v11.x

Step 1) Connect iPhone to your computer and open iTunes.
Step 2) Navigate to your iTunes "Tv Show" library
Step 3) Go to the iTunes taskbar and select "View", then select "as album list"
Step 4) Go to TV show episode that appears as a duplicate on your iPhone
Step 5) Click on the episodes title so it allows you to edit it. Remove the title and replace it with the name of the TV series it belongs to. For example: My duplicate was from an episode of the Simpsons. I changed the title name "Holidays of Future Passed" to the series name "The Simpsons"
Step 6) Your duplicate should now reside in the correct season folder within iTunes
Step 7) Sync then check your iPhone. You should be good to go!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.