Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
I'm going to go to the Apple Store today to see for an exchange since I'm going out shopping today anyway, but I wanted to know if anyone else is having uneven sound issues with their EarPods?

I'll have them on for a few hours, work great, but then the right EarPod gets quieter all of a sudden. Then it takes a few plugs in and out of my Mac, iPad, and iPod for it to start working again.

I know it's not the wires because I just had my dad check them to make sure...

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Back from getting replacement. Went in, told a lady, no questions asked/and she didn't even test them, she went into the back and grabbed me a pair of the ones with the remote and microphone and threw out my other ones. No appointment needed. Bought another pair for my brother while I was there too.

So yeah... If you need a replacement, they'll most likely just either give you an out of box set of the microphone ones, or they'll give you the retail ones and not charge you.

Just thought I'd let everyone know since it's totally worth it since I saved $30. :D

Will2145

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
Sorry to bump, but mine were really quiet so I tried putting water on the speaker and blew it and it became like a brand new sound again. Definitely ear wax.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.