getvideoartwork.com down???

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by bjeong1381, Aug 2, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Anybody know whats going on with the site? It's been down for at least a week now.

2. macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

Just noticed that today. I hope it's not down for good. I don't know where else I can get my artwork for all my ripped movies.

3. macrumors 6502

Yeah, unfortunately, and for whatever reason, it seems to go down every few months or so. It's always usually resolved within a couple weeks. I think the site operator said something about bandwidth issues.

4. macrumors 6502a

And1ss

In the meantime, couldn't you just Google image search? works for me and delicious library.

5. macrumors 6502

I can't speak for others, but for whatever reason when I'm adding movies or TV Shows into iTunes, I like having the official artwork that iTunes supplies. Don't ask why.
    And GetVideoArtwork is one of the best/only sites I know that provides this.

6. macrumors 68040

tbayrgs

I use getvideoartwork.com quite often as well but have found that themoviedb.org has a pretty good selection of high res artwork.

7. macrumors newbie

catskinsox

8. macrumors newbie

9. macrumors newbie

Does Anyone Know What's Happened?

I've noticed over the past few days that GetVideoArtwork now directs me to a connection problem page. Does anyone know exactly what has happened? What a terrible terrible shame it would be to loose that fantastic sight permanently! So many people have put in so many hours making it the fantastic resource it was. Here's hoping it's just a temporary glitch.

10. macrumors newbie

Valkae.com

I'm having problems accessing valkae.com, all I get when I enter a title in the search bar is a google page with links to various movie or poster sites. Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance,
    rdb71

11. macrumors newbie

It's ok, I seem to have sorted this problem :)

12. macrumors newbie

usually i use subler to add all the metadata including artwork

13. macrumors newbie

14. macrumors 6502a

Here's a hint: Use iTunes preview. Open the TV show like in itunes preview in safari or chrome. And on the artwork right click on the small artwork and click copy image address. Paste it in the bar and remove the pixel dimensions. Then it will give you the full size artwork.

15. macrumors 65816

A big fat internet kiss for you :p:eek:

16. macrumors 6502a

Well thank you ;)