GF4 MX to GF4 Ti upgrade reseller whoes...

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Canamac, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Canamac macrumors newbie

Hey everyone!

Just a quick question; does anyone remember that promotion Apple had when the Geforce 4 Ti's weren't shipping in time to meet the demand? I do and now my reseller is fighting me on it, can anyone remember the specific details? Here's what I remember:

At the end of March my dual gHz G4 still hadn't shipped because the GF$ Ti's weren't shipping. One day, I went to Apple.com and saw that Apple was now offering to compensate buyers by allowing them to buy a GF4 MX system and have the GF4 Ti shipped to them when the card became available. I checked with my reseller here in Toronto, sure enough, they were honouring it too. The sales clerk recommended I take the compensation package, get my machine now with the MX and get the Ti when it ships, so I did.

Now, the cards are FINALLY available here in Canada, and my reseller is arguing that my invoice only specifies me paying for a dual gHz G4 with an MX, well duh, of course I did! The GF4 Ti was to be a 'compensation' and free upgrade when the card shipped!

Am I forgetting anything? Or is my reseller screwing me over? If anyone can recall any other details about the compensation promotion I am talking about, please, let me know!!

2. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

I remember something like that, but it was just a "pay $xxx dollars extra and we'll upgrade your GF4MX to a GF4 Ti"