Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter

Discussion in 'Games' started by clayj, Feb 8, 2006.

1. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Out March 3rd for Xbox 360 and Xbox... March 10th in Europe.

PS2 owners will have to wait a while longer. ;)

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Rats....too much waiting...oh well i won't be buying anything for the PS2 until the big dog comes out.

Bless

3. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

4. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

Cool! I am new to the 360 and gaming in general, except for some sports titles on the PS2. Will this game be better than COD2, which I like very much, or just different? Any opinions would be welcome...:)

5. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

This is a realistic simulation of commando missions, not a cinematic action game. That basically means that you will probably die in 1-2 hits, instead of just ducking behind cover until you magically heal. Everything is more realistic, which makes it better :)

6. d_saum macrumors 6502

d_saum

Actually, it will be out on March 9th with theps2 version a few weeks behind.

And yeah, Im stoked for this game...alas I do not have a 360, but I will have to suffer through the xbox version. ;) Check out the trailers on gamespot too, they are nuts!!!!!!

7. pimentoLoaf macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

Alas, UBIsoft still hasn't fixed the interface back to what worked so well under GR1: a simple reticle-view without weapon. The "stand behind yourself" interface of GR2 was equally poor.

BTW (in case you don't already know), if you have GR for Mac and then buy the GR gold pack for PC, you can use the info at http://www.damnr6.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=7697.0 in order to convert the Island Thunder package for Mac use.

DamnR6 also has game mods for Mac GR.

8. d_saum macrumors 6502

d_saum

well, I don't know how much sleep you've lost over this :p , but you CAN change the view to the "no weapon/first person" view in both GR2 and Summit Strike. Also, for GR:AW, on the xbox 360 it will be either third person or 1st person/no weapon, and on the xbox it will be first person with weapon view only.

Personally, I like the third person view. It gives you a more realistic peripheral view (peripheral view being the key, I know seeing yourself isn't realistic). Also, I really like seeing my character and how he moves/reacts/and his immediate environment (ie: if Im hiding in bushes or something).

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

The Outfit out the same day

THQ's 'THE OUTFIT' is out the same day :( Looks like I'm going to be €140 down on that day..

Looking forward to both though :D :D :D :D

March is going to be a good month for the 360..

10. risc macrumors 68030

risc

It sure is because after paying for mine in full months and months ago Microsoft are finally releasing it in Australia. Woo hoo world wide launch in December! :rolleyes:

11. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

I was a huge fan of Rainbow Six:Raven Shield on the PC, but as I've never been a fan of 3rd person games, I was only giving Warfighter a cursory glance, but after seeing that video I may well be getting it. I know d_saum said you can change the views but I'd like a first person w/weapon view.
    Either way I'll be interested, and probably even more so if a demo is available on XBL...

12. clayj thread starter macrumors 604

clayj

They made you pay up front MONTHS ago?

Here in the US, that's pretty much illegal. They can pre-authorize your credit card to make sure you can buy what you're ordering, but once they actually charge your card, they have to ship your product within 30 days or give you the chance to get your money back.

13. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Same as the UK & Ireland.... I'd be really peeved if I had to pay up front...

14. d_saum macrumors 6502

d_saum

Yeah, I prefer third person just because it looks cool and the peripheral thing, but if its going to be first person, I want to see my weapon. Thats why I love the Rainbow Six games. :D