ghost?

Discussion in 'Community' started by chibianh, Dec 20, 2003.

1. chibianh macrumors 6502a

chibianh

2. iGav macrumors G3

3. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

And what do you think about it?

I'd love to see the actual video.

4. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I'd love to see that video also. ;)

I believe in ghosts. Who else does?

5. iAmAzN macrumors 6502

creepy.. but i too would like to see the video

6. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

could it be a joke, im thinking not since its on msn but who knows.

iJon

7. iGav macrumors G3

The actual ghost seems to open the doors rather than close them... certainly looks like a period dressed figure, doesn't hover, or glide, or appear translucent.

I guess it all depends on whether there was a doorway their before, as I don't personally believe that ghost are conscious of their surroundings, and it certainly seems to open a twin fire door with no problems.

there may be a video of it here... but not checked!

http://skyscape.sky.com

8. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

9. chibianh thread starter macrumors 6502a

chibianh

maybe u can do some investigative reporting for us :p just bring along a digi cam and ur set! :cool:

10. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Looks like a prank to me.

I'm suprised at the number of people who think it was an actual supernatural being (in the poll on the link).

scem0

11. iAmAzN macrumors 6502

12. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

Yeah, I was thinking that, and didn't want to waste this pair of boxers.

13. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

14. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

i believe in ghosts. the thing that coopdog linked was not one of those things. it is a thing on ghosts and it shows some ghosts.

pretty cool if you think about it.

15. coopdog macrumors 6502a

That video I posted above is not one of thoes annoying things. I don't believe in ghosts, I have never seen one. I have heard some weird stuff though. One night laying in bed it was like some one was standing right over me and screamed my name in my face, it freaked me out, no one was there. Just some of thoes in the corner of the eye stuff and you turn around and nothing is there.

16. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

that reminds me of this one time, i know the computer was shut down, and i was in the room next to it watching tv late at night, like 1 in the morning,. the computer was shut down, but then i heard it say something. i couldn't understand it. i ran into the room, and i saw the screen flash.

i was so confused, and still am today.:confused:

17. Sabenth macrumors 6502a

Sabenth

Wooo ghosts

No **** i was about 12 13 @ a school outting to a local house that is a museme its tudor. goes by the name of bishops house its in sheffield england .. i was in one of the master bedrooms when a rocking chair started to rock on its own. no windows open no wind nothing ok i thought weird no mechanical moving parts. it rocked for about 20 seconds or so then stoped i picked it up so i know theres no mecanical things happening here. ok put it back down turned round and in the mirror was a girl of about my age maybe a bit older darkish hair white dress sort of looking thing it was not only the strangest thing to happen to me but also one point of my life were i felt an un easy situation. to say that i did not stick around is an understament to this day everyone has thought i was a loon i dont care what people say about me or after they read this i belive in ghosts and i dont care if people call me a loon or fruit cake.. this stuff is real i swear on my mothers life..

18. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

it feels like a ghost story sleep over kind of gathering here. i get that feeling you know. that feeling you get when you and your buds gather together by campfire light in the woods or under the sheets with a flash light whatever you fancy and ghost stories are being told.
    (cue the wolf howl)

a ghost story sharing like this has never been this formal or cookie cutter for me so please dont think im a cheese ball. ghost story sharing always had an informal spontanous setting for me.

19. iAmAzN macrumors 6502

at my old house in the basement, i always felt like i was being watched by someone... freaky

20. iGav macrumors G3

my brother said he experienced a similar feeling in my mum's loft the first time he went up there... :eek:

21. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

thats a magnetic response. your body is reacting on a basic level to the enviroment around you through an emotion like this.

acid will do the same thing.

22. meta-ghost macrumors regular

ghosts are personal manifestations of the forces that can dislodge us from the roots we've made to the everyday. in western literature, they appear in a particular place and time. specifically, with the rise of cities and things like having to pay rent.

in other words, a few hundred years ago, i'd live in a village with papa and mama, take a wife and continue papa's trade. with the rise of cities everyones roots became shallow, a sense of permanence lost. deep inside, we began to know we could loose it all quite easily. it is no coincidence that ghost stories in literature begin to appear at the same time.

suggested reading:
    Freud
    Anthony Vidler

23. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

are you a real ghost?... a manifested connection of our dislodged roots?

24. meta-ghost macrumors regular

funny, i'm feeling more than dislodged right now. no real sleep for the past two weeks. i'm walking around just like image in the english video.

i didn't even think about my login name when i responded to the thread. "meta-ghost" is a term used by some anthropologists as the the stuff that haunts us as a society. not ghosts, more like cultural baggage.