Ghostly flashes

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Dagless, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

right this happened months ago but its 2.30am and my mind wants me to be creeped out so im reliving this again.

like i said. months ago me and my girlfriend were just drifting off to sleep. it was about 2am. and im half asleep at this point, i turn over and see an extremely bright light in the corner of my room. its weird though! its bright but doesn't light up my room at all. so anyways i think "ooh dont worry its nothing, you just left your powerbooks cable plugged in and that lights gonna bug you aaall night long"... until i realized i turned my PowerBook off. so in this split second I ran through a list of what could have caused it... no lamp... no PowerBook... TV's off on the other side of the room... the blinds down and light-tight curtains drawn. so what do i do? jump up and shout "holy sh*t!" at this point my girlfriend wakes up, sees the light in the corner and does her own little "ee-ee jah!" thing! "What the hell is THAT?!" she says... then it just vanished.
    then almost like nothing had happened we just both fell back to sleep.

all was ok until a few days ago when I clearly saw it again; on my own this time.

you know whats REALLY spooky? im sat right where it was too. right in the corner of my room. oh god im spooked :D

anybody else ever seen strange bright lights too? im really curious to what you guys think me and my girlfriend saw that night
    if it was just me id section myself... but this was a shared experience...

2. Guitarius macrumors 6502a

Guitarius

Crazy. I used to see shadows and stuff all over the walls in my old house. Never bright lights though.

Ever watch Ghost Hunters on Sci-Fi?

3. Grey Beard macrumors 65816

Grey Beard

Shades of the paranormal

I've had my Shade following behind since my mushroom days. As long as he stays behind my left shoulder, it's OK When I finally see him face to face, that's it and I'm dead.
    Grey Beard

4. MacSA macrumors 68000

MacSA

5. Palad1 macrumors 6502a

Palad1

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Sounds like you have seen an Orb, maybe you can catch it on camera sometime. How long did you observe it,did it move? chance of a reflection coming through a window? color?

7. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

i saw it for a few seconds. it might have been orb like. it was a ball of light... when i hear orb i think of a solid ball when it was more like a bright cloud of light. i could easily recreate it... might do tonight... using my halogen light and some photoshoppy stuff.

but thats the thing! my halogen lamp had been left downstairs when this happened.

no chance of it being something through the window. I have a big roller blind that covers the whole window. and then light-tight curtains- theres rubber or something behind them. its pitch black in here.

8. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Possibly, although as both raggedjimmi and his girlfriend saw it, I'd rule that out.

raggedjimmi – you don't mention in your opening post but have you discussed this with your girlfriend since? She might have some further information that would shed some light (excuse the pun) on this, and if she remembers it too it would also rule out the possibility of you dreaming it (and her reaction, if you follow :)).

9. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

10. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

yea we spoke about it a few times. i keep asking her "it was there wasn't it?", sorta ruling out that i wasn't just dreaming. she says yes. describes it just like me. she doesn't like talking about it much. especially when she's at my place or on her own at her place :D

so an Orb... what is an orb in that sense?

11. crap freakboy macrumors 6502a

crap freakboy

12. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

You should be fine.

As long as you don't see a little girl with Long black hair running around your house with a real dirty dress, and an ugly face! :eek: :D

Seriously though,

I work in a Data Center (Large room with 100's of servers) that is housed inside of a renovated rail car repair building (talking early 1900's). I have been alone in parts of the building (I work nights) and hear strange noises form time to time, and once I swear I spotted someone walking past the NOC (Network Operations Center) when I was alone.

I may have just spooked myself, but still!

[​IMG]

13. Guitarius macrumors 6502a

Guitarius

Ghosts are some scarey things. I think they do exist, and unless you can give me hard evidence as to the contrary, I will continue to believe this.

14. iGav macrumors G3

Sounds exactly like ball lightning. ;)

Maybe Derek could help? :p

15. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Leave a plate of cookies and milk in that corner of the room. Your alien is probably hungry.

16. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Quite. And I prefer chocolate chip cookies and 2% milk.

17. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

mad you should say that, i was looking up Lightening balls on wikipedia before. i plugged my plasma lamp back in only to find out that it gives off Ozone...

i've never understood that "2% milk" business. we just get whole, semi-skimmed and a few others :)

18. iGav macrumors G3

From your description it was the first thing that came to mind.

19. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Some people on the net get very excited about them, but most people reckon orb photographs are usually the result of dust or moisture in the air reflecting the camera flash... you can read up on them a bit here and here. The ball lightening suggestion is an interesting one – I don't know if it's something that usually reoccurs, though?

Personally, I think you should keep a camera in the room and take a snap if your guest pays another visit...

20. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Famous last words -- they can go on your headstone. :D

21. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

just so i could clarify myself i had a little chat with my girlfriend.

she thought the light was my Icy Box HDD enclosure which lights up a very bright blue. she saw a blue light thing, i thought it was whiteish-blue. but hey tomato tomato (oh that doesn't really work well online does it?).

thats an instant debunk though. it was downstairs that night.

oh man i should just move out now right?

22. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Just so long as your girlfriend doesn't start vomiting green slime and her head doesn't start rotating 360°, I reckon you'll be fine. :eek:

23. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Haven't had this happen but if it's anything like an 'old hag' attack, then you have my sympathies. It's a kind of sleep paralysis where you wake up but your brain hasn't put your body back into gear.

As a result, you feel very heavy which your sleepy consciousness interprets as someone in the room with you pressing down on your chest so that it's hard to believe.

Your immediate reaction is panic but because your brain hasn't engaged body yet, you can't move so it continues. It's very very scary... the solution is to concentrate on moving just your little finger to start off with and it seems to wear off.

24. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

nah its nothing to do with that. but i can imagine that being so scary! happens to a mate of mine.

25. Grey Beard macrumors 65816

Grey Beard

Epitaphs

Mine is already written:

God if there is a God,
    Save my soul if I have a soul.

Hey wait up, I was planning on being cremated.

Grey Beard