Ghosts? where are they?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Dont Hurt Me, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

It being Halloween and all, how about some ghost stories? I have never seen one and at this moment iam watching Most Haunted but must admit the people seem more haunted then the places.:rolleyes:

2. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

They're in your basement.

Go down there without a flashlight and sit silently in the dark for a while... they'll come to you. ;)

3. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Im on the coast so we dont get those basements here;) maybe a closet?........................Watching ghost hunters i would say maybe........watching Most haunted i would say most those folks need some time on the couch.

4. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Any dark, cavernous, quiet place will do.

A lot of "ghosts" are, I believe, the result of the mind trying to fill in the relative lack of sensory input you experience when in the dark and quiet. Talk to someone who's been in a sen-dep tank for an hour or so...

5. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

6. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

Oh No! ORBS!:D

7. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Got to love those orbs, amazing people think that dust, lint, and moisture are ghosts. Nice Orb, but i have plenty myself:D In fact looking through my iphoto's they are all over.

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I've never understood Halloween. its just been that thing that your parents say, if your english "It's that american sweet-indtustry thing".

we had 2 trick or treaters this year. usually we get about 4, maybe the rain scared them off? pathetic kids! is there any history to this at all?

9. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Combination of terms (All Saints Day-Hollowed:Catholics) and "Sow-een" Celtic Irish year ending Oct. 31, I think. What the catalyst was to morph and evolve and where all the little goblins jumped in are probably a result of some unhealthy syncretism mixed with superstition.