GIF makers

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by stephanie, Feb 19, 2003.

1. stephanie macrumors member

I am looking for a program that will convert my jpg pics into animations for a screen pet.

See, I want to create a virtual pet that responds to commands and voice activations with animations.

Any ideas?

2. springscansing macrumors 6502a

springscansing

Re: GIF makers

GIFmaker is free and does this. Should be on download.com. It's old though. It runs in classic I think. I do not know about an X solution, as its been awhile since I've done any graphics that I needed to animate.

Check versiontracker.com -- I'm SURE they'll have at least one option for you.

3. mac-lad macrumors newbie

Photoshop's ImageReady will allow you to construct animated gifs. As will Macromedia Flash.

4. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

gifmaker is available in a carbon form for osx on versiontracker, although i'm not sure if the link works anymore, but it's worth a try.

5. King Cobra macrumors 603

I'm with mac-lad on this one. For 2D GIF animations, nothing tops the quality of Adobe ImageReady (comes with Photoshop). If you want something truly interactive, you may have to work with Flash MX. Using either program will require some getting used to.

Of course, if you don't have Photoshop, you'll have to borrow a freebie, or one of the many shareware props.

6. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

fireworks mx, or imageready, or even flash if you like.