Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stephanie

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2002
I am looking for a program that will convert my jpg pics into animations for a screen pet.

See, I want to create a virtual pet that responds to commands and voice activations with animations.

Any ideas?

springscansing

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2002
New York
Re: GIF makers

Originally posted by stephanie
I am looking for a program that will convert my jpg pics into animations for a screen pet.

See, I want to create a virtual pet that responds to commands and voice activations with animations.

Any ideas?

GIFmaker is free and does this. Should be on download.com. It's old though. It runs in classic I think. I do not know about an X solution, as its been awhile since I've done any graphics that I needed to animate.

Check versiontracker.com -- I'm SURE they'll have at least one option for you.

FattyMembrane

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2002
bat country
gifmaker is available in a carbon form for osx on versiontracker, although i'm not sure if the link works anymore, but it's worth a try.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
I'm with mac-lad on this one. For 2D GIF animations, nothing tops the quality of Adobe ImageReady (comes with Photoshop). If you want something truly interactive, you may have to work with Flash MX. Using either program will require some getting used to.

Of course, if you don't have Photoshop, you'll have to borrow a freebie, or one of the many shareware props.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.