Gift a Photo Book for $20 With 'Mosaic', Right From the iPhone

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 22, 2012.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Photobook and calendaring service Mixbook has launched a new photo book product designed for the iPhone. The product, called Mosaic, takes photos from the iPhone's camera roll and turns them into a 7" square physical photo book, designed to make gifting unique photo books quick and easy.

[​IMG]
    The idea is similar, in a way, to Apple's Cards app; users take photos on the iPhone, combine them into a unique product, and then it's printed and shipped within a few days. The team behind the product believes that users will order their photo books for smaller events, instead of the more traditional weddings and births that people typically order photo books to commemorate:
    Mosaic will be available from HeyMosaic.com soon.

Article Link: Gift a Photo Book for $20 With 'Mosaic', Right From the iPhone

2. macrumors 68020

I still don't want a book about my day at the park with friends.

3. macrumors regular

AppleMactablet

Cool idea-At $20 bucks I think about it At $15 this would be a steal

4. macrumors newbie

This is not new.

What exactly is the story here? There is an app called Keepsy that already allows you to create a photo book.

5. macrumors 6502

Ok Macrumors, how much did you get paid to write this article. Fess up.

6. macrumors regular

Gee guess what. Don't download the app and don't buy a friggen book. The world really doesn't revolve around you, no matter what your momma tells you.

7. macrumors 6502a

It it wrong of them to do this sort of thing? The article is in the iOS Blog section, look at any other blog and people are endorsing products and services, so I think it's ok, as long as it stays away from the front page.

8. macrumors 6502a

SBlue1

maybe I want? ;)

9. macrumors 6502

SgtPepper12

This is exactly the kind of "out of the box" creativity that I hate so much nowadays. They label it "unique" although there is nothing unique about this.

10. macrumors 6502

This is quite interesting, and I might consider buying one for an upcoming birthday - if it's available in the UK.

11. macrumors regular

Oh wow. Well I am sorry your app for this same idea wasn't approved.
    Better luck next time :rolleyes:

12. Guest

Yes, actually. It is. When you turn on a news channel on TV, you expect to get honest news - not a commercial under the guise of being news. MacRumors has ads for commercials. That's where advertisements belong - not disguised as a news article.

Just because others are guilty of the same thing, it doesn't make it ok.

Now we'll have the editor pop in to say that they weren't paid, just posted it because they thought it was nifty, etc. I don't buy that for a second.

Why does his statement of it being an uncreative gift warrant that response? He's obviously against the idea of giving something that's meant to look nice, but take no forethought whatsoever. How does that get you to assume he is just mad that he didn't do it first?

Some people actually enjoy giving gifts that they put time and thought into, rather than something that they can throw a few bucks at and have done in 60 seconds.

13. macrumors 6502

Quote:
    Originally Posted by slicecom
    Why would you want a book about somebody else's day at the park with their friends ?

14. Guest

Seriously. That's some serial killer ****, right there.

15. macrumors regular

CGagnon

Their website is very nice. Love when people take the time to write beautiful HTML.

16. macrumors 6502

No, the serial killer would be the one that spends hours making a photobook about the day at the park.

17. macrumors regular

nice that you can do it from the iphone but doesn't look like it has much editing options (each page looks the same, static and boring) i'm talking about the size and number of photos you can put on each page

18. Guest

You're right.

Even a serial killer would be more creative and put more thought and care into a photo book.

19. macrumors newbie

Hope they don't get sewed for copying iPhoto, it could ruin the business ;)

20. macrumors 6502a

Trius

You expect honest news on TV? :rolleyes:

21. macrumors 68000

iGrip

Mosaic? Isn't that what turned into Netscape?

What's next, some new product called Compuserve?

22. macrumors 65816

ctdonath

And some people enjoy giving gifts that wouldn't happen at all if it took more than a few bucks or minutes.

There are plenty of events that I get good pictures of and would like to commemorate in a nice album but I just plain don't have the time to assemble - unless I can take advantage of a brief window of opportunity using my pocket tablet (I'm refusing to call them phones as they do so much more).

23. macrumors 68000

ThunderSkunk

Nice. I just finished a year-long wooden canoe restoration with my grandfather. It'll be nice to send him a good looking picturebook so he has something to show for all his hard work. $20 is cheap, and 4 days is fast. I'll try this out. Thx MR.

Internet geniuses, continue your whining.

24. macrumors 6502a

ksgant

Indeed, that guy thinks the world revolves around him when it so clearly revolves around me!

:D

25. macrumors 6502a

What makes you think they were paid. Have you some evidence to share?