Gift Emails Not Being Sent?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by gloss, Jun 23, 2012.

1. macrumors 601

gloss

Can anyone confirm issues sending gift apps from the iTunes Store? I've gifted several apps to the inlaws for their new iPad, but they've yet to receive a single email at their Verizon.net address. I tried re-sending to a gmail account and still nothing. Could this be an Apple problem?

2. macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

For the first time I tried gifting an app last month to my niece. I jumped into this not knowing how she would be notified. I assumed via iTunes but then it asked me for her email address. She never got a notification and the email address submitted was correct.

I contacted Apple and got a reply on what to do. I cannot recall the specifics but it seemed like a lot to have to do on both ends and she would probably have a hard time doing it so I just said to heck with it and ate the buck I spent on the gift.

Mike

3. thread starter macrumors 601

gloss

Well, that's unfortunate. I've been able to gift apps in the past, so this must be a recent thing.

Worst case scenario, I eat the $15. Still, there's no excuse for this not to work right.

4. macrumors regular

So, there was no resolution to this?

I just gifted an app to my mom. First time trying to gift an app.
    It looks like I completed the form completely, where it even asked if I wanted to gift the app again to another person.

I waited for an email, nothing. And my mother hasn't received anything either.
    Just shot them an email to see what's up.
    It's only been about 2 hours. But I figured gifted apps would be instant.