gigabargain?

Discussion in 'Community' started by homerjward, Aug 12, 2005.

1. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

i was looking at random stuff at amazon and came across a digital rebel xt body for $520 from a seller called gigabargain. i havent looked any of their other stuff but that really struck me because it's so much lower than everyone else! their feedback seems really good but im just wondering--anyone have any experience with them? anyone heard anything about them? they look like a reputable seller but that price looks so low...im not really interested in buying it, just curious :)

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

So what's their reviews on epinions.com and resellerratings?
    Be aware that some sellers bribe customers to place good reviews (even before they receive the goods), fo ignore the glowing reviews and look for a trend in the bad ones.
    If a seller says they are an established online merchant and DON'T have any listings on ePinions or Resellerratings, then they may have had themselves removed -- and I can't imagine why a seller with good ratings would do that...

3. homerjward thread starter macrumors 68030

homerjward

their amazon feedback is here . 50 total ratings in the past year...but they dont seem to be on epinions or reseller ratings. its beginning to sound more and more like a scam...although that'd be a hell of a deal if it wasnt a scam :D
    hmm...after reading the amazon reviews it seems the bad reviews are all about the product it self as opposed to the store...they cant remove feedback can they?
    bad reviews for those interested: