Ginza Apple Stroe To Open Nov 30

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by iAlan, Nov 21, 2003.

1. iAlan macrumors 65816

iAlan

Ginza Apple Store To Open Nov 30

I got an email from Apple Japan announcing the opening of the GINZA APPLE STORE

5 floors, 420 events in the first month, 2,500 t-shirts to be given away during opening and an internet cafe!

I don't know if any US Apple Stores have an internet cafe, but a good move by Apple.

I for one will be there nice and early to get my t-shirt and hopefully take advantage of any opening discounts. As chance would have it the new dual G5 and 20" iMac will be available in Japan starting Nov 29 (I think)...if I only needed a new computer.

Anyone else in Japan going to the opening? Let's have a MacRumors offical members photo taken out front!! I will fill my digital camera with pics and post away come Dec 1st.

The .Mac members night on Dec 12 also looks interesting...

WOOO HOOO :p

2. fraeone macrumors regular

fraeone

Not to rain on your parade, but Apple.com/retail has had this information up for over two weeks.

If you want a lot of informed news about Ginza, check out ifoapplestore.com - I believe he will be there reporting on the opening.

3. iAlan thread starter macrumors 65816

iAlan

Didn't know that as I have never visited the retail area, thanks. Not much info in English (naturally, I guess) but good to see it there.

Also good, thanks. Was told by one of the staff at the SoHo Apple Store that the Ginza Store Manager will be the original SoHo store manager (when i ws in NY on vacation in July). Not sure if this is correct, but will find out.

I am not a big Apple geek, so have not kept track of things, but with the store opening I am a little hyped as it will see Apple grow here in Japan - especially given how great the location is.

Bye the way, I am seeing iPods everywhere - the number of people I have seen here with them is amazing - not sure if they are Mac or Windows versions. Many electronic stores that do not have a strong line af Apple products all have the iPod on sale. Will be interesting to find out the year end penetrastion numbers in Japan.

4. ITR 81 macrumors 65816

Does anyone know if they will be hiring gaijins for some of the gaijins stationed there or doing business there??

5. Alte22a macrumors 6502

I was working out there for a while, not going back until the new year. :( guess I'll have to wait. Was in Milan on the Night of the release of Panther. Miss out there too, was kinda lazy. miss out ofn the dog tags. I was in Milan Working with a friend of mine who's a Flash developer. He wanted to see what the fuss was all about with Panther. He's a PC but loves the mac with OSX and G5 but hates the limited choice of softwares. Don't know Macromedia, Adobe ana Apples's Final cut and DVD studio works. :)

Well Hopefully soon I'll be back in Tokyo...

6. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

I will be there! But I'll probably have to camp out the night before if I want to get the free t-shirt.... ugh... no, I will not do that.

On a similar note many of the Mac User Groups will be holding their meetings at the Apple Store from now on... a welcoming move by Apple.

irmongoose