Girl Missing from '86 May be found

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by MacFan25, Jul 29, 2003.

1. macrumors 68000

MacFan25

CNN Article

This is great news. I certainly hope that this is the girl.

2. macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

The family's not too bright-- they're going to freak the woman out, the police are right in telling them not to discuss it with the media...

But it would indeed be a great thing if it turns out true :) so many kids never are seen again...

pnw

3. macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Great news. Really, its the toughest thing a parent ever has to face, including having their child killed. Imagine knowing your child could be alive, and yet you can't get to him/her? That lasts forever. The closure isn't there.

4. macrumors 604

iJon

oh i know, there would be no closure for the parents. its like when your a kid and your pet runs away, its worse than it dying because you think it may be out there suffering and if only you knew where it was. good news for the family, must be real awkward though, i wonder if this girl has a whole life of her own now and has forgotten about the past.

iJon

5. macrumors P6

wdlove

I pray that this missing girl case will be resolved sucessfully to all concerned. After a 17 year absence, this is going to be very difficult for the 22 year adult. She should not be pressured, but allowed time to explore the changes to her life!

6. Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

7. macrumors 65816

alset

It's so nice to hear good news for a change. I'm tired of every news story getting me down. GL to the family.

Dan

8. macrumors 68040

jxyama

it's a hoax!!! ugh, i'm so angry. why would anyone do this???

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

link

9. macrumors P6

wdlove

That is very sad that someone would pull off such a cruel hoax. I hope that she is found, she needs to personally apologize to the parents. Wonder just what the legal remedy will be against her!

10. thread starter macrumors 68000

MacFan25

That is just sick that someone would want to do something like that.

Right when I thought that there was good news, it turned out to be bad. :(

11. Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I sure hope the publicity about this will spur someone to come forward with information that can really help.

12. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Unbelievable! :eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

She up on felony charges now, so they're taking this seriously. http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Midwest/07/30/missing.girl/index.html

I just don't understand it. How did she think she was going to get away with it? Ugh.

Maybe she's related to the woman who reported the puppies being thrown out of the car......

Blah!

D

13. macrumors P6

wdlove

My understanding from news reports, is that this lady has done this hoax on unsupecting families before. It's a very sad situation. A family traumatized by the loss of a daughter and then traumatized a second time by a con artist! :(

14. macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

I agree. I ignored this thread because I read the description of it and figured she was found dead. Well I am glad I read it now. I sure hope this is the missing person.

15. macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Man o man, this freak has a history of hoaxes going back a long way...

The entire article is loaded with the mentally disturbed woman's cons and hoaxes.

Really far beyond the dog lady's sick joke, this freak has made a living out of it.