Girl who auctioned virginity on net delivers....

Discussion in 'Community' started by iGav, Mar 21, 2004.

1. iGav macrumors G3

I should bloody well think so too... imagine the negative feedback on that deal if she'd have backed out... :eek: :eek: :p

Although doesn't sound like she enjoyed it that much, so I doubt he'll be getting 5 Stars on his feedback account... heheheh :p

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/3554121.stm

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

3. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

it's not because you're really a 44 year old BT engineer is it??? heheheh

4. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

CAUGHT! :eek:

:D :p

5. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Wierd, she's only a virgin in the technical hetero sense I suspect, "lesbian", "partner", I think he's been sold a clocked car if you catch my drift.... ;) :D

Good luck to her, students sell some odd stuff to get by, but usually it's of the class A variety.

6. KC9AIC macrumors 6502

KC9AIC

Let's just hope this doesn't become a trend. I can just imagine a new division on eBay. :eek:

7. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

Speaking as a student in the UK, this has highlighted the problem with the governments funding of our education system. The government has taken away grants for its students and they are expected to work unfriendly hours to make it through the course and still acquire debt! Next year I am doing a degree for 3 years, it will cost me £3000 - £9000 ($5,000 - $15000), i'm saving now!

But she is brave to do that and it takes guts, how many guys would sleep with a another man if they weren't gay but needed the money? Would you perform the acts desired for the cash or would you back out?

She had a choice, be in £15,000 ($27,000) of debt or have sex with a man.

Yes she is a lesbian btw.

P.S. Notice I have given the equivilent monetary values in dollars as well? Would be nice if more of you would convert the $$$ into £££ when its stories from your side of the pond. ;)

8. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

I wouldn't, but I have self respect for myself... I'd rather get in debt and pay for a good education, that would get me a good career that I enjoy immensely and pay back the debt when I finish University once I earn over the threshold and pay it back and keep my dignity, my morals and my ethics intact... infact that's exactly what I did. ;) but then again I had no choice, when I started University.... I'd long since become soiled goods... heheh :eek: :p :p

9. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

Boo hoo, its going to cost me well over $20,000 for my four year and that doesn't include scholarship and money my parents are paying. If she doesn't want to be in debt she can always work part time. Students in debt is nothing new here, frankly if she has so little respect for her own sexuality that she is willing to sell it, I have no sympathy for her if she didn't enjoy it. She didn't have to sell it in the first place and its not like she was in that desperate of a situation.

10. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

im going to end up about $15,000 in debt when i graduate finaly, ill make due, sell what i dont need ect, but no way would i stoop to selling myself, some people just value different things i guess

11. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I think it would have been funnier if the guy had cried afterwards, because he realized he wasted that money ..

12. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

13. synergy macrumors regular

I've got 50,000 in student loan debt right now from a law degree and an MBA. My parents paid for college and part of Law School. I went to a private law school so the tuition was much higher. I've consolidated my loans and am paying off the minimum now. First I am paying off some higher interest rate debt, one that is done I will start removing the student loan debt faster.

14. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

what do her parents think... first she's a lesbian and now she's a prostitute.

15. vollspacken macrumors 65816

vollspacken

x-actly... :eek: she doesn't even look good...

he could as well have burned the money (or spend it on a nice G5 setup, the better choice...)

what an idiot, what a stupid girl, and overall, what a sad sad sad sad story!!!

I shake my head in disgust and pity

vSpacken

16. voicegy macrumors 65816

voicegy

Sandy Eggo - MacRumors Member since 1-1-2002
    My friend runs a, ahem, web site where "starving students" of LEGAL age do just that. Personally, it amazes me that heterosexual men would engage in a little, ah, performance, for several hundred bucks, especially when it's on the web. My friend tells me that these guys figure it's an easy way to make some nice pocket money to help out with bills, student loans or whatever to get though a bad patch, and don't really care what anyone else thinks, and have even told their girlfriends about it and they're seemingly "cool" with it, considering it's a one-time thing and they're not going to go "gay" on them.

Money is a powerful motivator, I guess. :rolleyes:

17. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

Hey if they want to do it, its their thing. What I think is dumb is how she was so upset over this. Obviously she didn't think it through if it was going to upset her that much. She was probably hoping someone would catch on to the story, have pity on her and help her out. Instead she got stuck with what she had started and had to live with the consequences. Hopefully this will make others think twice...

18. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

the worst thing i heard was of a man who turned himself into the authorities for paying for his top tier mba through being an assasin

a local church pastor in town was the only one who would talk to him before he went to prison...one guy i heard about on tv got two college degrees in prison while serving time for being a triple murderer...when he got out he got his master's and two doctorates

i guess these days all types of people go to school so the story of the young lesbian in england is not a shocker to me

the most famous criminal of the 20th century, mobster meyer lansky, wanted his son to be outside of the crime world so he assured he would have a normal life...the son was in the military and was a normal working person and never had anything to do with his dad's business which was worth 300 million dollars...the godfather character was partially based on lansky being that al pacino's character was originally a military soldier who had nothing to do with his dad's (godfather marlon brando) business

i incurred a $3000 dollar credit card debt (on top of spending $10,000 cash) going part way thru grad school and i decided i didn't want to continue at the private but well regarded school and eventually end up $15,000 in total debt or more...i may end up finishing up at a very inxepensive state funded school for grad school or end up finishing at the private university and taking up the debt

i once saw an online master's from harvard but there were two major barriers....

1) i am not a genius 4.0 type smarter than 99.99% percent of the populace ;) and

2) i am not made of money...but that piece of paper would look really nice on the wall but the only virgin who could sell for that much would be britney spears ;)

19. Blackstealth macrumors regular

Wise idea, I graduate in July after 4 years, It'll have cost me (got to love means-testing, when I get my hands on those penny pinching b*st*rds I'll...) roughly £4k/$7.3k in tuition fees in addition to a £8.2k/$15 loan from the government on which repayment begins as soon as I start earning more than £10k/$18k per year. Which just so happens to be the day after I graduate. £12.2k/$22.3k in debt, and I've spent my money wisely over the last 4 years - Fun!

20. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Can you shed any light as to what student loan programs exist there across the pond? Some may look at your numbers and say what the F**k, I have it worse than you do.

But they may not realize the differences in loans and final salaries once out of school.

My take is that you are probably less well off than if you were in the US.

21. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

It's good that she had the nerve to go through with it. That was a really expensive one night stand. I just wonder it he enjoyed the process. Her comment that she felt obligated and was uncomfortable makes me wonder. The description she gave of like she was just watching, it's the same way many describe a painful experience. An out of body experience.

22. Squire macrumors 68000

Squire

Ever since moving to Asia and becoming an English teacher, I've had a different outlook on money. I know people who have made (and saved) that kind of money in a relatively short period of time. Money is an incredible motivator but I'd prefer to have the reputation as a hard worker rather than...well, whatever her reputation now is.

Squire

23. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

Loans are a nightmare, something which i'm not prepared to explore so I don't fully know whats on offer. But typical APR on loans are about 14.9% or 29.9% spread over 5 or 10 years I think. Its to much and yes for quite alot of jobs there is little pay. Even as a graphic designer around here where I am its as low as £15,000 ($27,000), but that is around here, something which I don't plan on staying around for. Don't forget the UK has a reputation for being expensive anyway as it is!

Luckily for me, my degree course can be done at a college instead of a Uni, a local uni works in tandem with my college and i'm basically getting it on the cheap. I live on the same road as my college, i'm about 260 feet away so I have none of the others costs that come with being at uni. I don't drive, live with my parents still so i'm better than some.

@Krizoitz, she was working part time but the problem is if you are working part time on a poor wage where do you find the time to study? This money will allow here to not be at work for at least a year, she can now devote her time to her studies. Yes you may not like it and maybe she should of sucked it up but the fact remains that she DID do it, she did something not alot of other people would do and thats breaking the mold. I couldn't do it so she has my respect anyway.

24. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

I can't be the first one to have had this thought.
    I hope the guy used a paper-bag.

OHHHHHHHHH, RIGHT in there!!!!! :D

25. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

now howard stern would gladly do it for free ;)