Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ronrubin

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2003
Women read MacRumors too right?

Cound't help but think... all these replies here seem to be from guys... any women out there read these forums?

Just wondering... :rolleyes:

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
ronrubin said:
Cound't help but think... all these replies here seem to be from guys... any women out there read these forums?

Yes. Although this thread must have one of the highest 'posts to views' ratio in the history of MR. Gisele Bündchen must have a lot to say about Merom, that's for sure.

jlange

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2006
Hey, I have some inside-info. I was at an iLife seminar at my school recently, and they gave out posters as door prizes. These posters, as I was told, were for the new ad campaign, based around the prefix re-. ReThink ReWhatever.

Hope this is a good pointer!

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
shrimpdesign said:
I think she looks ugly. Maybe it's just me ... I agree with treblah, Garden State Natalie Portman would be much better.
Different strokes for different folks.

Likewise, she does little for me.

To each his own.

gugy

macrumors 68040
Jan 31, 2005
La Jolla, CA
Pedro Estarque said:
She's just famous, check Ipanema beach in a summer day and you'll know what I mean

Sorry man,
I have seen her in person and she's gorgeous.
I do agreed that in Ipanema beach or by the way Pepe beach there are girls with hotter bodies, but Gisele's face is just amazing.
Linda maravilhosa!:D

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Blue Velvet said:
Yes. Although this thread must have one of the highest 'posts to views' ratio in the history of MR.

Actually, doing a quick Dr. Q-esque calculation, ratio of views to posts for this thread is around 41 to 1 - in just three other threads currently active in News Discussion forum they have ratios of 117 to 1, 63 to 1 and 110 to 1.

Maybe if there were actually pics of Gisele and a Mac things would be different (which doesn't mean people need to be posting pics here - there are plenty out there already). :D

Sadly, I had to google her to find out who she was.... :(

D

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Mr. Anderson said:
Actually, doing a quick Dr. Q-esque calculation, ratio of views to posts for this thread is around 41 to 1 - in just three other threads currently active in News Discussion forum they have ratios of 117 to 1, 63 to 1 and 110 to 1.

Ah OK. Was just an off-the-cuff statement. Always ready to be corrected. :eek: :D

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
ppc_michael said:
I actually don't think she's all that hot. :/ Pretty, I'll give you that, but Most beautiful in the world?? I dunno.

What you are missing is that most photographs of female models are for ads that are marketing to women. So they don't want "hot". They want a model that looks like what many women would identify with.

freeny

macrumors 68020
Sep 27, 2005
I would have went with Adrianna Lima but from what ive seen of her she isnt the smartest thing and her english is soso.

"Me like Macs, now look at my ass"?

Might work;)

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Blue Velvet said:
Ah OK. Was just an off-the-cuff statement. Always ready to be corrected. :eek: :D

Actually - I thought you'd be right, so I was curious to see how bad it would be. Curious that the Mac Book is more popular than a Super Model.

Imagine if you had *both*, though :eek: ;) :D

D

danr_97070

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2004
Earth
Thanks for the laugh

azdude said:
White background with Apple logo for 27 seconds. Then:

Gisele: "Hello... I'm a Mac."
Roseanne: "Hey! I'm a PC."

Show iMac photo, and done.

Now *that* was funny!

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006
Macrumors said:

Supermodel Gisele Bündchen's official site reports that she has been photographed for a new ad campaign for the Mac. English translation:

Amongst other achievements, Bündchen was named "The Most Beautiful Girl in the World" by Rolling Stone.

Apple recently launched a new Mac-focused ad campaign targeted at Windows users. The details of the new ads described above are unknown.

Slow news day?

MaxCastro

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2006
- Gisele -

Well...Guess everyone thinks shes a ho..but i really dont know if a Victorias Secrets show can tell you all of that from a person...Shes some of the unique beings that can turn heads wherever she goes...even when she was not famous...shes not only a supermodel...supermodels like claudia shiffer and naomi campbell and of courese kate moss never had such power, and never will have.

Guys like John Galliano (Dior) and Marc Jacobs (Louis Vuitton) say that she not just a body...and she really isn´t (the body is a girl called Elle from australia hahahahaha!!).

I dont know if I do agree with Apple doing an ad with her because her face is being used in soo many ad campaigns, that im afraid people will not create the image of über product that I imagine, is wanted by Apple. Of course Natalie is not as much as she is...

gugy

macrumors 68040
Jan 31, 2005
La Jolla, CA
I wonder with this ad with Gisele is a new Ipod coming soon?
Maybe the video ipod?
It seems hard to put Gisele's face with an Mac.
Ipod is a more fashionable product IMHO.

ImNoSuperMan

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2005
freeny said:
I would have went with Adrianna Lima but from what ive seen of her she isnt the smartest thing and her english is soso.

"Me like Macs, now look at my ass"?

Might work;)

Just might work:p :D :p :D

gugy said:
I wonder with this ad with Gisele is a new Ipod coming soon?
Maybe the video ipod?
It seems hard to put Gisele's face with an Mac.
Ipod is a more fashionable product IMHO.

Yeah. I second that. This is most probably bout iPods than Macs. I really hope she`ll be in TouchScreen iPod`s ad. That would certainly make be buy my first iPod:D

Chris Bangle

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2006
UK
vikas soni said:
Just might work:p :D :p :D

Yeah. I second that. This is most probably bout iPods than Macs. I really hope she`ll be in TouchScreen iPod`s ad. That would certainly make be buy my first iPod:D

"Touch me"
or
"you can touch wherever you want"
or
"dont be afraid to touch"

Im running out of puns but it could work with touchescreen ipods.

_Matt

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2005
That damn Gisele, she is so hot right now.

quickly walks away after no one gets the Zoolander line...

Didn't Lindsay Lohan say that she did a commercial or some other ad for Apple a few months ago and then we never saw it? Maybe Steve doesn't like it when celebrities reveal that they are doing an Apple ad before it is released.

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
This is news? What's tomorrow's headline, Steve's choice of toilet paper? A list of words that rhyme with Apple internal project names?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.