Giving gifts to teachers

Discussion in 'Community' started by cr2sh, Dec 8, 2002.

1. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

With finals beginning tomorrow and holidays right around the quarter, I'm willing to turn to bribery to get that higher GPA. So the question is: What is the most expensive gift you have ever given a teacher, and did it work?

I purchased a bottle of wine for one of my TA's but am debating whether I can give it to him or not. I'm also wondering if he's allowed to accept it. What do you guys think? It's just a '97 Rodney Strong cabernet and he is after all a Teacher... :) Thanks for input!

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

This is a family network, so I cannot post my suggested gift.

But my suggestion of what type of gift to give him would most likely land you afoul of your schools honor code anyways.

But he'd sure enjoy it.

[​IMG]

3. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

This works really well:

Get your mom to bake really good cookies that look like they took
    a long time to make. Bring them to school and give them to your
    teachers and tell them that you made them. Then they will think
    that you put a lot of effort into making them happy. It worked in
    elementary school :D :p :D .

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: Giving gifts to teachers

You think it would work? I'd have my doubts and I could only imagine what all the other students in the clash would think of you.

I'd just spend more time studying for the exams and worry less on making *friends*.

Good luck,

D

5. cr2sh thread starter macrumors 68030

cr2sh

Well, my history exam went very well this morning. I met the TA afterwards and discussed the exam and a paper. He told me that I am currently running with an 82% in the class and that the final couldn't possibly hurt me enough to bomb the class.

I had no fear of making enemies in the class, I'd never see the majority of them again - this is Ohio State afterall. I'm graduating next quarter and if I bombed the class it would have pushed my graduation back 1 quarter.... none the less, all is well now. I begin preparation for my next few exams. Two on Wednesday, One on Thursday... :D

6. AssassinOfGates macrumors 6502

I'd have to agree with dukestreet, that cookie idea will not work in the modern school, and I myself would have to ride the person out for that futile attempt.

The best bet is to sleep, eat, study, and throw in an occasional game or two to keep your sanity. :) Don't forget to cram before the test as well.

7. funkywhat2 macrumors 6502a

funkywhat2

Use that wine to booze them up enough that they let you grade your own test.

Or study, if you want to....:)

Oh well, no matter. Good luck on them!

8. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Ha, OSU, I went there and spent some time with the History Deptartment, went on one of their study tours of Greece. What class are you taking and who's the TA? It would be hysterical if I knew them.

D

9. cr2sh thread starter macrumors 68030

cr2sh

small world...

It was just American History to 1877 (HIST_151). My Lecturer was Marc Horger and my TA was James Weeks.

10. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: small world...

Ha, no, don't know them. Maybe if it had been Ancient History. Good luck on the tests.

D

11. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

I've found that making passes at the TA works pretty well. Although I doubt it'll work nearly as well when they are guys. That would just be too wierd. :)

12. job macrumors 68040

job

Just a random question: Are you a Buckeye fan? Did you get to see them beat Michigan? ;) :p

13. Gus macrumors 65816

Gus

The better question is, "Are you going to watch them get clobbered by Miami?"

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Regards,
    Gus

14. cr2sh thread starter macrumors 68030

cr2sh

We shall see...

I didn't have tickets to the Michigan game, but we sat around the bigscreen, watched it, and got our drink on. After the game we walked down Neil Avenue to Campus and into the Stadium and watched the fans try to tear the goal post down.