Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
They got it from Mac OS Rumors...take it with a grain of salt. Better yet, take it with a boulder of salt.

BurtonCCC

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2005
Wheaton/Normal, IL
The rewards system is actually a really good idea with a lot of logic behind it. Instead of Apple having to host the files with such a large amount of transfers, let the users buy the rights, and then get them from other users.

I'd personally love to be able to use an Apple BitTorrent client on my favorite torrent trackers as well, but I find that to be very unlikely. Why would Apple release software when Apple programs are so easy to just download instead of pay for, especially on the BitTorrent networks?

Daniel.

Superdrive

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2003
Dallas, Tx
WildCowboy said:
They got it from Mac OS Rumors...take it with a grain of salt. Better yet, take it with a boulder of salt.

Good advice. That reminds me, I have to get my rumor site up and running so I can start writing some fiction based on nothing.

Electro Funk

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2005
The Opium Garden
BurtonCCC said:
The rewards system is actually a really good idea with a lot of logic behind it. Instead of Apple having to host the files with such a large amount of transfers, let the users buy the rights, and then get them from other users.

I'd personally love to be able to use an Apple BitTorrent client on my favorite torrent trackers as well, but I find that to be very unlikely. Why would Apple release software when Apple programs are so easy to just download instead of pay for, especially on the BitTorrent networks?

Daniel.

i would think that if this were anywhere near true... that if a torrent client were built into OSX, i dont think you would be able to DL any old torrent. Maybe something with a license or cert. from apple...

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
The MOSR article talked about having a dedicated port for this.

All I can say is that if this gets implemented, ISPs are going to scream...especially if it's used for an iTMS movie store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.