Glad to see we're still living in the 1800s

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yg17, Mar 23, 2006.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Some of the most depressing stuff I've read (from another forum I frequent, thread about Hillary Clinton):

In response to: "I think people forget that this isn't the 1940s where a woman's place was in the kitchen."
    These people are pathetic. Not wanting to vote for someone because of their political beliefs is one thing....not wanting to vote for someone simply because they don't have a dick is another. It really is sickening how behind the times we are.

2. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

i wouldn't vote for hilary because of her political beliefs, but i think that voting for someone or not just because of their sex is just sad.

remember,

GUILIANI '08

3. TheMonarch macrumors 65816

TheMonarch

You can't run this country without testicles![/sarcasm]

Sad, I know... Each of them gets one vote.

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Each testicle? ;)

5. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

Here's the plan, we find a woman candidate, dress her up as a man, get her elected, keep her dressed / disguised as a man, and on the last day of her term revile that she is not a man. That's what America and the world needs.

6. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Sounds a lot like the clinton administration, most believe Hilly was the real force in the white house.

7. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

Really? While Hillary certainly wasn't diminutive, I never got the impression she ran the White House.

Strange how other nations have recently elected female leaders. There was a time when the U.S. was the groundbreaker in civil liberties.

8. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

And that was a long long long time ago.

9. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I just never really liked her. I'm fine with a woman President, but not Hillary.

10. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

Those quotes are just extremely sad. Which country where they from? I bet I can guess where from!

Women can lead a country probably far better than men can. Less wars too - more compromise.

Thanks for highlight them yg17. Some people really need to grow up and live in the real world.

11. ahunter3 macrumors 6502

She doesn't particularly inspire me (although I think she works hard)... I'd vote for her with great enthusiasm if she sews up the Dem nom and the Republicans run another social conservative.

If the Dems are going female I'd rather they go with Feinstein, though.

I'll tell you something else: if I vote Republican, it would almost have to be for a female candidate. And not Condi Rice. One of the esteemed Senators from Maine, perhaps: Susan Collins (R) or Olympia Snowe (R)

12. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

All from the US. St. Louis, MO, or the surrounding area. It's a local site.

13. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Indira Ghandi compromising?
    Margarett Thatcher unwilling to go to war over 2000 sheep and a bunch of rocks?

14. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Most likely they were all white men, too. They're the ones most in fear of change in the U.S.A. They were the only ones benefitting from the way things were in the 1950s.

I've seen a few white women say similar things. They seem share the fear of change.

15. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I especially like how he left his wife while she was in the hospital recovering from a potentially lethal illness so he could be with his mistress.

As for Hillary, she's actually a lot more conservative than people give her credit for. I just don't like her. Many different reasons, none of which have anything to do with her gender.

16. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Oh, crap, then we'll never get a Democrat elected! :(

17. asherman13 macrumors 6502a

asherman13

I would seriously have issues with a Guiliani v. Clinton election in '08, the first of which would be deciding who to vote for!

18. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Canada.

19. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

Yep, I was right...the states.

:rolleyes:

Why am I not surprised? All you have had are rich white presidents. The 'common' person could not possibly get elected.

20. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

To elect someone based on their "demographic" is lunatic! I personnally hoped Jean Kirkpatrick had been more involved on the elected side of things, I voted for Elizabeth Dole, and think she is wonderful, and M Thatcher was great IMHO. But to elect someone cause they are black, female, gay, or have ADD, is not a reason. It has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

I wish we could get better candidates, it is a real problem. I wish that the choices weren't W & Kerry. But I would not vote for Hilliary any more than I would Ted Kennedy, and it has nothing to do with the fact they are both white.

21. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

I don't think Sedulous was suggesting that the U.S. elect a female president just because "it's their turn" (or that other nations have elected female leaders for that reason).

But it's worth pondering why we haven't seen very many female presidential candidates in the U.S., especially given the poor selection of white male presidential candidates as of late. The problem isn't that there just aren't any qualified women out there.

22. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Whiel I don't speak for myself on this particular point, many people do believe that women are unfit to run the country. A good point is that women (in general) are too emotional and not logical. Another good point is that a lot of these female candidates have never foguht in a war (funny enough, neither have our last couple of president, who are male.)

I'd vote for someone if they knew what they were doing and weren't completely on one side, no matter male or female. I hate both democrats and republicans because they're either on one side of the fence or the other. None of them ever take the chance to scale the fence, sit on top of it and spit...

23. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Isn't that more or less a bannable offence here...? :confused:

:p

24. _bnkr612 macrumors 6502a

_bnkr612

Gore/(Bill)Clinton 2008.

Can Bill run for vice pres?

If not, Gore/Dean would be ideal. Regardless, dems need candidates with oh, how do you say it... BALLS.

Power to females for running; I just don't see Hilary as an ideal President.

25. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

How many believe that Al Gore would have been president if his running mate wasn't Jewish?