Glasses!

Discussion in 'Community' started by dotdotdot, Apr 3, 2005.

1. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Tomorrow I get GLASSES for the first time!

And I am happy!

I went to the eyedoctor and got a small perscription, I have 20/30 vision. Today I went to pick out the glasses, and got awesome black top, rimless bottom and it fits my face perfectly! And I look great in them!

Tomorrow, after school, I get to pick them up!

I have no clue why I'm so happy about it though...

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

congrats, i have glasses/contacts, i need to get myself a new pair of frames though, just glad that my perscription isnt that horrible yet....yet because bad eyes run in my family

:p

3. dotdotdot thread starter macrumors 68020

Bad eyes in my family also...

I'm afraid of contacts... touching my eye...

4. dotdotdot thread starter macrumors 68020

5. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

I must say you win the award for most pointless threads in so little time.

I have learned about:

1. Your new classes
    2. How you made a C
    3. How Dells rock
    4. How you will not buy a mac until Tiger comes out.

Congrats my man.

jon

6. dotdotdot thread starter macrumors 68020

When I'm bored, these forums help a LOT!

Or maybe I have more of a life than anyone here? :rolleyes: :p

7. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Doubtful.

jon

8. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Someones cranky :) :p , after all it is the community discussion forum, he doesnt have to talk about mac.

9. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

I can guarrentee that you will not like glasses once you get them. They are a pain in the rear end. Contacts are even worse, though you don't have to be scared of getting your retina pierced by a flying shard of glass.

I just reread the original post, and it says that you have 20/30 vision. And you are getting glasses. Wow...

10. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

I'm not cranky at all. It's just everyone I bring up the main page I see another worthless thread. It's just some people make too many thread about pointless things that revolve around them, which gives it lack of participation from the site.

Good Discussion: What is your religious background?
    Bad Discussion: Ahh! Tiger, come SOON!!

jon

11. dhracer88 macrumors regular

You'll regret them... :) I'm a contacts for downhill mtbiking & snowboarding & classes, glasses for studying kind of guy. I do recommend contacts for any kind of sport requiring a helmet, no bent frames or aching ears. But glasses are easier if you're reading your PSY 441 book.

--A few unrelated words of advice:

Stop wasting your time at macrumors; spend your easier years (middle school) having fun with family and friends (outside).

For your other post regarding your report card, just get a 3.8 at least. If you're in the 7th grade, you should be able to do fine with a few hours of studying and get all A's--middle school is not hard! Don't use the "I could try harder excuse, but I'm lazy." Just try harder for once!

12. Timelessblur macrumors 65816

Timelessblur

I am with you on this one. I remeber when I got my first pair of glasses. back then I was all exacted about it. Now after 11 years I dont like them. I would much rather go back to not having the wear them. Not being blind in the morning and having trouble just finding my glasses when I wake up. Go back to having 20/20 vision again. Poeple who never had glasses take forgated a lot of things. There is a reason now why I have contacts and it not for vanity. I look better in glasses than I do with out and for things that I need to look good for I tend to wear my glasses but for the convences I wear contacts that way I can wear sun glass and do more active things that destory my glasses

13. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

can you tell me about the relevance of webpages, scientific research, literary discussion, sociological questions, anthropological study so i don't waste my time reading/studying things that are irrelevant?

thanks

14. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

Now, now, there...give the Yankee kid a break.

15. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

It isn't irrelevent if it is posted in the forum of irrelevence.

16. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Wearing glasses is not a good thing, hardly something to celebrate. Nothing wrong with it of course, not at all, but it's not really something to be "happy" about, this is you eyes we're talking about!!!

Once you start to wear them, your eyes will only get worse too.

17. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

That is weird.

They are kind of a pain, but I think some folks around here exaggerate how much. If you've got half a brain, you won't be losing them all over the place. Then the only inconveniences are things like cleaning them, and having to remove them when you want to use, say, a camcorder or binoculars.

Are you sure you don't mean irreverence?

18. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Don't fool yourself, kiddo.

19. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    glasses hmm i remember when ifirst got them..im used to them now but they are sometiems a hassle especially when you forgot where you put them

20. apple2991 macrumors 6502

These all have relevance to the world as a whole, the improvement or study of the human species, or at least the intellectual interest of and discussion between members of these here forums. I don't see how you can try to connect that with the amazing bundle of free software you get with every Dell! The computer that pays for itself! (TM)

You're welcome.

21. 18thTomorrow macrumors 6502

Heh. Right. It would be a lot easier to keep track of them if I could see them after I took them off. My vision is such that everything is a fuzz once you go 8 inches away from my face, to the point that functioning without correction is impossible. If I set my glasses down, or if they fall off my face, I'm lucky if I can find them again without help.

Your celebrating is quite odd. I alternate between glasses and contacts and it is a pain in the ass. Glasses get dirty, they have glare(unless you get Crizal coating, in which they don't glare but they can make your world look like a bad 3D picture under flourescent light) contacts are prone to tear, fold, etc. and if you're not careful you can get a nasty infection.

The population who needs onothing to correct their vision should count themselves incredibly lucky.

22. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

just wait, in a few years you will be saving your money for corrective laser surgery, i know in about five or ten years thats what i will end up doing, its just not going to be fun having glasses or contacts at that point, although im so used to them

but at least your not whining about having to get them, i know i was happy because it made my headaches go away

23. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Merely 20/30 and getting glasses? Doesn't sound like much of a need.

I prefer to go natural because otherwise, my eyes would grow dependent on aids and degrade more quickly.

24. bosrs1 macrumors 6502

I've been wearing glasses for 21 years (and I'm 23).... it gets old after the first 10 believe me.

25. Timelessblur macrumors 65816

Timelessblur

I am 22 years old and I have that problem. I set my glasses down my desk while I go take a shower but I did not relieze that they fell on the floor when I left. I come back and I have to bend over and look really closely on the desk. If it not on the desk I get on my hands and knees to look for them. I am well past hte point where they use 20/x for my vision

20/30 you perstion is going to be like what -.25 Compared to me who has correction of -2.75 and -3.25 (by the way it not liner) I could funition just fine up to about -1.00 but by the time I crost -2.0 it was pretty hard to funition with out correction. Now I am to the point where I can barely read a book with out my glasses or contacts I am so near sighted.