Glendale, CA (Glendale Galleria)

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by ericcwhitaker, Jun 15, 2010.

1. macrumors member

Who's reserved and who's meeting up when and where? Anyone? Anyone? :D

2. macrumors newbie

I'll be there! I reserved it yesterday! I just dont know what time I should get there? Im thinking of 4am or 5am! I dont know! :D

3. thread starter macrumors member

me either, no idea what time the mall opens. i was #1 in line for the 3G iPad launch and I got there around 11am. I'm expecting this to be much worse lol.

4. macrumors newbie

Well The apple store opens at 7am, so thats why I'm still very confused cuz I dont even know what time the mall will let us in?!?! :confused:

5. macrumors 6502

i'm also wondering what time to come. was anyone there for the 3gs launch?

6. macrumors newbie

No, this is going to be my first time standing in line at the Glendale Galleria. I usually go to the store in Pasadena. I'm just hoping we can just walk into the wall at 3am or so just to camp out. If you guys find anything out let us know, I'll do the same!

7. macrumors 6502

3am??!?! jeez, i was planning on getting there around 6ish

8. macrumors 65816

ibookin'

I've gone to the Glendale store for all 3 previous iPhone launches and the iPad launch. It doesn't look like they let people camp out in the parking lot overnight, so the lines aren't usually very long.

I think the iPad launch was the first one where they did in-store reservations, and I got there about 40 minutes before the store opened and had my iPad in hand within an hour or so. I'd say if you get there around 6-6:30 you probably wouldn't be the first there, but you wouldn't be that far back in line. You might consider asking security how they're handling it and what time they're letting people line up.

EDIT: I'll be there for the iPhone 4 launch as well. Planning on getting there around 6 or so.

9. macrumors newbie

Good Point! If this is the case, Im going to get there around 5am 5:30am just to be on the safe side, I live acrose the street so it shouldnt be to bad than! Damn I cant wait! lol

10. macrumors 6502

thanks for all the info!

11. macrumors regular

I bought my 3G 2 years ago at the Galleria, waited 5 hours in line to get mine.
    I didnt get there til 4pm but there was a person in line behind me that showed up at 6am and and said there was a line stretching 2 blocks around the mall, waiting to be let in. He left because he had to go to work.

So Im assuming this launch will be the same, or worst!

12. macrumors newbie

:eek: I really hope that isnt the case! I just want to get there when the mall doors open so we can all just chill in front of the apple store and wait for all the iPhone 4 goodness..lol Seriously though if the store opens at 7am Im thinking they'll open the mall doors at 5am to let the seniors walk around. I'll see what info I can get and I'll post when the time gets closer.

13. macrumors 6502

I was there for the 2G launch. I showed up around 6 and I was about 60th in line. They had us wait outside then let us in. We sat in line for about 10 hours - but that time Apple wasn't selling them until noon.

I didn't bother with the 3G. For the 3GS I showed up in afternoon and waited a hour and a half and got in tho because of servers being down, didn't end up getting one.

For iPhone 4, who knows - demand has been insane so far. If you wanted one launch day - I would plan on taking the whole day. Show up early - 4 or 5am and head to the second floor of the parking structure where the bridge crosses over the food court where the people should be lining up.

14. macrumors 6502

wow, this makes it seem busier than the other posts.

15. macrumors member

hey guys i wont be in line there, but I used to work at the Galleria. Just so you know the doors of the mall are never closed. They actually keep it open. The entrances through department stores will be closed. but if you go to the second floor and go in through the parking lot those doors are always open. so you should be able to show up as early as you'd like. i just don't think they allow campers. Hope it helps. :D

16. macrumors 6502

thanks, thats very helpful. did you happen to work there during any of the launches?

17. macrumors newbie

See thats what I thought also because I've been at the mall pretty early and the doors to the mall were open but obviously all the store and department store doors were closed! Well I'm planning to give the Apple store a call Tuesday or Wednesday to see how they are handling campers and what not! Hopefully this all goes smooth! I look forward to meeting you guys and I'll keep you posted on what I find, oh and if you guys find out anything let us know!

18. macrumors member

yeah i was actually there for the 3G launch. i got there around 4 am. Had my phone by 11 am or 12 pm can't remember. But i have a feeling with all this pre order business the line shouldn't be as bad. my friend just walked in on the day of the iPad launch and didn't really have to wait very long to get it. then again i think the demand for iPhone 4 is much greater.

19. macrumors 6502

i hope its not that bad this time.

20. macrumors 6502

Has anyone spoken with anyone at the apple store yet?

21. macrumors 6502

On the 2G launch day, I walked into the Mall and set-up my folding chair right in front of the Apple store. I thought it was odd that no-one else was there, a security guard came by and told me that the line was outside so I went outside and stood behind the sixty people that were already there standing in the official line outside.

22. macrumors member

Will also be there at the Galleria around 6ish. :) Stayed in line at the Pasadena store 2 years ago to pick up the 3G. Not fun being under the sun for 4 hours!! haha..but that was before reservations and pre-orders.

Hoping the line will be smooooth sailing into the store. Also hoping that AT&T has their act together that morning to make sure they can handle all the activations that day!

23. macrumors 6502

where abouts did the line start?

24. macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I just wanted to give you guys an update! I spoke to a rep at the Apple store and he told me that the store will open up at 7am and will only let people with reservations in! He said that they are going to try and knock out all of the reservations in 3 hours. He also said that at 10am everyone else will be able to come in to the store and get the iPhones than. Now he also said that people wont be able to camp and that security isnt going to allow anyone in before the 7am mark. Honestly it sounds about right but I think I am going to call back on Tuesday to see if I can get a different answer!

Just in case you guys where wondering I also asked about the white iPhone and he said they arent expecting any. (I wanted to get one for my wife)! :(

25. macrumors 6502

Thanks the info. Does that mean there won't be a line at all or that it will just be outside? That's awesome that it's res only for the first 3 hours.