Glitch with some attached images?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by skoker, Dec 8, 2006.

1. skoker macrumors 68000

skoker

Some of the attached images (it's fairly random) are not showing up for me. I get the "?" symbol, and when I click on the image, I get asked to log into vBul, and then I get stuck in a meaning loop of

"You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
    You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

Any ideas?

2. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

it's probably a cookie issue.

The fix is probably to remove all .macrumors.com cookies and log in again.

arn

3. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

I got the "you need to be logged in" message when I tried uploading an attachment in Doctor Q's thread about spam. Tried three times. Almost cried because it never happened before. I ended up linking from my photobucket account.

Maybe might just need to rebuild attachment thumbnails or perform regular maintenance. Could be a cookie issue, too.

4. skoker thread starter macrumors 68000

skoker

It's happened on my home computer, and about 10 of my school computers too. Reset Safari and cleared cache/cookies manually on all of them.

I think it's something wrong on MR's end.

5. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

I think I tracked down the problem.

let me know,
    arn

6. skoker thread starter macrumors 68000

skoker

I just sent Doctor Q a PM, everything seems to be much better now. What was the problem?

7. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

The software on one server had to be updated to match the version on another server.