Global Rich List

Discussion in 'Community' started by iGav, Sep 2, 2003.

1. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

Oh joy, it's another pissing contest ;) Oddly enough, it only really calculates your standing up to an annual income of £125,000. Do they assume that those earning more will not have time for something as mundane as this? :rolleyes:

Oh yes, I come in the top 10.79%, but then I'm still a student.

2. amnesiac1984 macrumors 6502a

That really puts into perspective how lucky we are. I'm only a student and not really earning much at all but I'm still in the top 10%, makes you realise how many people are literally earning nothing.

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Its scary how far I'm up the list. Its also a bit of a cheap shot for trying to get money. But it does put things into perspective....:(

D

4. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Wow... I'm better off than I thought!

And as for those above 125K, they are probably statistically insignificant. At that point you are in the top 0.01% or better I'm sure.

5. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

i am not going to even bother to go there; this teenager needs to get a job. ****ing political fatcats up in washington discriminating against teens...

6. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Ouch, in perspective I am poor as hell.

:eek:

But that is because I only worked over the summer... eh?

7. iAlan macrumors 65816

iAlan

I guess I am much better off than I thought...although I do live in one of the most expensive cities in the world...and am always buying some mac related gadget or another...and 2 hasters to feed...

Please note that the calculations include my performace bonus and standard Japanese bonus... this added a bit extra...

Before tax:

You are in the top 0.535% richest people in the world.

There are 5,967,869,635 people poorer than you.

How do you feel about that? A bit richer we hope. Please consider donating just a small amount to help some of the poorest people in the world. Many of their lives could be improved dramatically or even saved if you donate just one hour's salary (approx $76.94)

Oh, and in case you’re interested you are the 32,130,365 richest person in the world.

After tax:

You are in the top 0.869% richest people in the world.

There are 5,947,837,435 people poorer than you.

How do you feel about that? A bit richer we hope. Please consider donating just a small amount to help some of the poorest people in the world. Many of their lives could be improved dramatically or even saved if you donate just one hour's salary (approx $38.19)

Oh, and in case you’re interested you are the 52,162,565 richest person in the world

8. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Hmmm....interesting. I wonder how accurate it really is. It seems to be pretty accurate, but you never know how far off it really could be.

9. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm interested in knowing my ranking, guess it's just curosity. Typed in my annual income and kept getting an alert "Please type in a number." :confused:

10. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Silly people with 4 figure (or more) income.

No spaces and no commas!

11. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

That is where I made my mistake, used the usual comma! I'm very suprised, used gross family income. I donate 10% at my Church and we do 50% on Missions. So yes heavly in to helping the poor worldwide!

YOUR RICHLIST POSITION
    You are in the top 0.839% richest people in the world.
    There are 5,949,632,435 people poorer than you.
    How do you feel about that? A bit richer we hope. Please consider donating just a small amount to help some of the poorest people in the world. Many of their lives could be improved dramatically or even saved if you donate just one hour's salary (approx $41.66)
    Oh, and in case you’re interested you are the 50,367,565 richest person in the world.

12. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

I got the same figure using both my and my wife's salary together since what's hers is mine and vice versa.

13. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

I earn no money, yet. I am still a student, but I am starting a business that might make me a bit.

I put my parents' incomes in there. Separately, they're like .9%, together about .6%. That's a pretty nifty little thing.