Glossy Screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ghall, Sep 3, 2006.

1. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

I recieved a MacBook Pro to replace my PowerBook G4, and when I entered the serial number to register it, I saw that it was supposed to be a glossy screen. I compared it side by side to another MacBook Pro that had a glossy screen, and the screens looked completly different. Personally, I don't really care about whether my screen is glossy or not, but if this one was supposed to I want to know why it doesn't.

2. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

Did you order it with a glossy screen? If so, then yes, it should be glossy. If not, then there's nothing wrong.;)

3. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

AppleCare never specified whether it had a glossy screen or not, so I just assumed it didn't, until I checked the serial number. Maybe it's just an error in their database. The only reason I'm concerned is if anything happens to it, I don't want them to think I replaced the screen on my own, and void my warrenty.

4. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

Definitely an error. Mine says it's a glossy MacBook Pro but it isn't. Which I am quite satisfied with if I might add ;)

5. Donz0r macrumors 6502a

Glossy Screens are amazing. I'll never go back to a matte screen, they're so ugly. And i have had no problems at all as far as reflection goes.

6. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Don't rub it in or anything. :(

7. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

There are numerous thread about whether glossy/matte screens are best.

Since Pressure has the same error as you, I think you should be fine, as long as you like your matte screen.;)

8. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Matte screens aren't SO bad...

9. danscott macrumors newbie

I experienced the exact same thing, serial number identified my MBP as a glossy, but it's not.

10. Star Destroyer macrumors 6502

where can i enter my serial number to check such things on my macbook?

11. danscott macrumors newbie

It was during the registration process. After I got my MBP I went to register it online, and that is where I noticed that it was listed as a "Glossy"

12. XP Defector macrumors 6502

Have to say, went Glossyscreen and now I'd never turn back. Everything looks amazing. Used my friends 15" Powerbook and was shocked at how dull it looked.