Glossy vs. Matte

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by knowledg333, Oct 31, 2006.

1. knowledg333 macrumors member

Hello friends,

I am wondering if I should go for the glossy screen when I get my new MacBook Pro. I have been flip-flopping between the two choices. I would appreciate it if someone could give me a strong case for either option.

Thanks,

Knowledge

2. grum macrumors regular

try searching, there are billions of posts about this. At the end of the day it comes down to personal preference. I'm having the same debate but i think i will go with matte as its the 'safe' option and still looks great.

3. prady16 macrumors 6502

prady16

Next time please use the search feature before posting a thread!

Btw, my vote goes for Matte!

4. Temujin macrumors 6502a

Temujin

:D Can't believe you asked that question, lol. There a numerous threads on this question.
    As the other guys said, try a search. Just type Glossy vs. Matte and bang results will knock you off your seat.

5. NewSc2 macrumors 65816

6. rstorm macrumors regular

7. coal macrumors regular

coal

Honestly, this is the most frustrating part of the notebook buying experience.

It comes down to a personal level where no amount of replies will sufficiently justify one choce over another.

Think about where you will be using the computer, what you will be using it to accomplish, and then go to a store (Apple, Compusa, Fry's) and take a look for yourself. Then you can make a decision.

I'm going to invalidate a bit of what I just typed and say gfo with the matte. Side by side, the colors seemed right on the matte and there was no glare to speak of shining back at me. Good luck with your decision!

8. Temujin macrumors 6502a

Temujin

9. knowledg333 thread starter macrumors member

It's true

Yes I am redundant. But only because it's the smart way to go sometimes. I'm new to these forums, so I am not sure how many people check all the various threads. I was looking for a good dichotomy of responses.