GLQuake display problems

Discussion in 'Games' started by ZildjianKX, Jul 31, 2003.

1. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

Hi, I'm running GLQuake on my G4 Cube with OS 10.2.6, but I'm having a slight problem. The screen immediately appears bleached out after 1 sec if its full screened, but it displays it fine windowed (but the mouse doesn't work windowed). Anyone else get this full screen problem? I've tried every resolution and video setting... Tx in advance.

2. Anticipat3 macrumors regular

I played a lot of GLQuake on my Powerbook... never had such an issue.

Perhaps ensure that your version of quake is square and proper... I used the version I had on at least a half dozen Macs (all OSX... from iMac to eMac to PowerMac t PowerBook), and it worked fine with no conf editing on all.

3. MacManDan macrumors 6502

Re: GLQuake display problems

Hmm .. I don't have any experience with GLQuake, but is there an Alpha (maybe called "Brightness") setting? If the Alpha is too high, it will bleach out the colors horribly, making it unplayable. Just an idea?

4. ZildjianKX thread starter macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

I'm thinking its just a problem with the Cube's videocard... I've heard it can overheat. Thanks for the responses guys.

5. Anticipat3 macrumors regular

Yeah... that would do it.

Cubes require special cooling on all their stuff... I know they make special cooling units for them, and Zalman actually makes nice silent cooling units for video cards that might work well in a cube, if you were trying to keep it quiet yet.