gmail and safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by discomonkey, Jul 27, 2004.

1. discomonkey macrumors newbie

Jul 11, 2004

i've just recently switched to mac after years of using a PC. So far I'm loving it. There is one thing that i'm having problems with. I can't seem to log into my gmail account using safari. I really like it so I don't really want to switch to another browser (unless there are others that are much better). does anybody else have problems logging into gmail? i can do it once in a while - but more often then not, it gets stuck at the "loading" screen.

2. discomonkey thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 11, 2004
    okay... been playing around... i think i figured out what was wrong... gmail works if i empty my cache... the bugginess kind of sucks... but that's what i get for using a beta service... ah well. :rolleyes:
  3. abhishekit macrumors 65816

Nov 6, 2003
    akron , ohio
    Yes, I have noticed the problem. It happens only sometimes , when the 'loading' page gets stuck. I also reported it to gmail team, and they replied that its a known bug and they are working on it.
    To get by it, I dont even empty the cache. I just reload the page. It works.
  4. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

Aug 9, 2000
    Yeah, sometimes it hangs there for me too. I usually just stop and reload the page. That usually works, if not, i usually give up and try later. But thanks for the tip!
  5. LeeTom macrumors 68000

May 31, 2004
    Yeah, I hate that bug. Good thing Google's acknowledged it. Shouldn't be long...

Lee Tom