Gmail: Don't Want Sent Messages in Inbox?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Veritas&Equitas, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

Hey guys, I have a quick question...I really don't like the feature of gmail where it saves your sent messages into the inbox. Instead, I would like them restricted to the "Sent Mail" folder so I don't have to sift through my own messages I sent. Does anyone know how I can do this? Thanks for the help!

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

In the inbox?

My sent messages don't appear in my inbox with the exception of sent messages included in a conversation (but they still don't appear until I open a received email in the same conversation).

3. kondspi macrumors regular

kondspi

Same here...

Have you downloaded any Gmail extensions?

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Check your gmail setting because thats not normal...check it out and update us:eek:

Bless

5. freebird macrumors member

I only get sent messages in my inbox if I send them my the online gmail. If I send mail from OS X mail they go to my sent folder. Are you sending from the online client or from OS X mail?

6. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

you can just create a rule (in Mail) to move the message to the sent folder in mail if it is sent from you.

7. Nokomis macrumors newbie

gmail SENT box

I had the same problem until I read one of the posts...I went to Mac's gmail and clicked on RULES. There I just put in my own email information and clicked on that I wanted the emails I send to be put into the SENT box, not the INBOX.
    It took me 3 years to find a solution!!
    I hope you have already done this.
    Have a good day...:)