Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Veritas&Equitas

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 31, 2005
Twin Cities, MN
Hey guys, I have a quick question...I really don't like the feature of gmail where it saves your sent messages into the inbox. Instead, I would like them restricted to the "Sent Mail" folder so I don't have to sift through my own messages I sent. Does anyone know how I can do this? Thanks for the help!

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
In the inbox?

My sent messages don't appear in my inbox with the exception of sent messages included in a conversation (but they still don't appear until I open a received email in the same conversation).

freebird

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2004
I only get sent messages in my inbox if I send them my the online gmail. If I send mail from OS X mail they go to my sent folder. Are you sending from the online client or from OS X mail?

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
freebird said:
I only get sent messages in my inbox if I send them my the online gmail. If I send mail from OS X mail they go to my sent folder. Are you sending from the online client or from OS X mail?

you can just create a rule (in Mail) to move the message to the sent folder in mail if it is sent from you.

Nokomis

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2009
Midwest
gmail SENT box

Hey guys, I have a quick question...I really don't like the feature of gmail where it saves your sent messages into the inbox. Instead, I would like them restricted to the "Sent Mail" folder so I don't have to sift through my own messages I sent. Does anyone know how I can do this? Thanks for the help!

I had the same problem until I read one of the posts...I went to Mac's gmail and clicked on RULES. There I just put in my own email information and clicked on that I wanted the emails I send to be put into the SENT box, not the INBOX.
It took me 3 years to find a solution!!
I hope you have already done this.
Have a good day...:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.