Gmail Drive

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fjs08, Mar 1, 2006.

1. fjs08 macrumors 65816

Jun 25, 2003
    Is there a Mac (OSX) version of the GMail Drive that's available for Windows?

2. gammamonk macrumors 6502a

Jun 4, 2004
    Madison, WI
  3. fjs08 thread starter macrumors 65816

Jun 25, 2003
    >>eah, there's gdisk but it really sucks.<<

Why does it really suck??? unreliable, slow, inefficient??

4. zap2 macrumors 604

Mar 8, 2005
    Washington D.C
    its slow, but i mean its free can, so it worth it
  5. Danksi macrumors 68000

Oct 3, 2005
    Nelson, BC. Canada
    If you're only storing small files, up to a few Mb's, then just use the standard 'draft' function - e.g. open up a new message, save an attachment, give it a subject heading so you know what's being stored and click 'save as draft'. That way you can access the files from anywhere with a browser.

I have a bunch of key files stored in the 'draft' folder of my GMail account.
  6. slackersonly macrumors 6502a

Apr 13, 2006
    I found this on a gDisk search. I found this program and have installed and tried using it. There is no instructions on the developers page and the help section in the program is non-exisitant so I am not sure if I am using the program correctly. I would appreciate any insight/tips/instructions from those of you that have used this effectively.

I open the program and login. I created a folder. I drag a couple of file into the folder and it puts it in a upload queue. I click on upload and the files are now listed in the folder. I log into gmail and it appears that the files are now showing in my 'draft' folder as individual emails.

1. Am I doing this right?
    2. Why are they stored as individual drafts? I could have done this on my own and I would have put them all in one draft.