Gmail in Mail?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Kalinatek, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Kalinatek macrumors regular

i have 2 gmail email accounts , and i would like to use them with Mail , i clicked on mail for the first time toady :p then pop , then new account , here it asks me to enter an incoming mail server.I just put gmail.com in the space but after waiting for a few seconds it tells me that the server is not responding, should i put something else ?

thanks!

2. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

Well let's see... by logging into GMail... and then in the upper right it says "Help"... after clicking that it has this thing in there called POP Access.. After clicking that it has this "Configuring your email client: Apple Mail"

try in there somewhere... i'm going to take a guess and say all the info you need is in that.

3. Kalinatek thread starter macrumors regular

problem solved.

thx ur the man :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

4. Kalinatek thread starter macrumors regular

5. JDOG_ macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

I've got all 6 of my Gmail accounts hooked up to mail. It makes checking them a breeze :)

6. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

7. Kalinatek thread starter macrumors regular

mail is rejecting the password when i send any emails :( but in gmail.com it works fine..

any ideas why?

8. DCBass macrumors 6502

a question

since we're talking about gmail using mail, is there a way to avoid viewing my sent messages in my inbox, or am i stuck doing this because google displays conversations in the inbox?

no biggie either way, just wondering.

Thanks.

-DCBass

9. Kalinatek thread starter macrumors regular

solved.

10. macOSX-tastic macrumors 6502a

macOSX-tastic

i love using Gmail in Mail. esopecially when people send me pictures, you get that cool hoover effect into iphoto. :D

11. hopejr macrumors 6502

I have gmail set up on both my computers in mail, but the only problem is, some messages come through on one, but not the other and vice versa. GMail has this stupid idea of only allowing messages after the last check to be allowed through again. This doesn't happen with any other POP server. So, if anyone wants to do something like I've done, be aware of that issue (note: it happens with any mail client).

12. japasneezemonk macrumors 6502

japasneezemonk

This is a setting which can be changed. go to you gmail account.
    Settings>
    Forwarding and POP>
    Enable POP for all mail

edit: i just noticed that this setting reloads every email you hvae ever received when you login.

13. InfiniteLoop1 macrumors member

InfiniteLoop1

Its rejecting my password!

hi i have a gmail and am trying to set it up in mail. I followed all the steps in the Gmail help, but when i click get mail, it rejects my password, i know i am typing it in right though!! any solutions...?

14. HasanDaddy macrumors 6502a

my gmail works fine in mail - however, it gets sporadic here and there, so not 100% reliable

I have started forwarding my gmail to my .mac email instead