Gmail/Mail Woes from a Convert

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Macoltrane, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Macoltrane macrumors member

I've just begun using Mail for my Gmail account. I was wondering if anyone knows how to sync the two together. By this I mean that when I open an e-mail in Mail, it would automatically file that e-mail under the "read" column in my Gmail account so it no longer appears as a new e-mail when I log into Gmail through a web browser.

Another problem I've been running into is sending messages. Whenever I send messages, whether it be through Mail or Gmail, I get the same copy sent to my Inbox in Mail. I never listed my e-mail on the address column yet it still decides to send a copy to my Mail Inbox.

Any help is greatly appreciated. ;)

2. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

For the part of syncing read messages, I have GMail's POP settings configured to archive GMail's copy. When messages are downloaded with Mail, GMail will move its copy to the "All Mail" folder. This keeps the Inbox clean.

3. savar macrumors 68000

savar

Sorry bud, that's just how it is. I've switched to only checking my email through the web interface, because unfortunately the POP access just isn't cutting it. Supposedly Gmail will offer IMAP at some point in the future. When that happens, then it might be worth trying again.