Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maugustine

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 17, 2014
Portland, OR
Anyone well versed in using Gmail with Apple Mail? Sometime in the last month or so whenever I click on an email from my Gmail account it can take up to ten seconds before the email loads.

I filed a bug during the beta testing, but haven't seen any improvements. I'm not sure if it's something on Gmail's end, or if there are any settings I can enable to help optimize and remedy this.

Thanks to those who can help!

Scott1012

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2011
New York City
Anyone well versed in using Gmail with Apple Mail? Sometime in the last month or so whenever I click on an email from my Gmail account it can take up to ten seconds before the email loads.

I filed a bug during the beta testing, but haven't seen any improvements. I'm not sure if it's something on Gmail's end, or if there are any settings I can enable to help optimize and remedy this.

Thanks to those who can help!

I am having the small problem but worse. It takes a around 45 seconds at least to load, then takes a few minutes to open the specific email. I cannot figure out how to fix it. My other gmail address is worling fine on the same devices. Apple said it must be a google problem. Problem is I cannot fimd a way to email them.

Any advice?

maugustine

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 17, 2014
Portland, OR
I am having the small problem but worse. It takes a around 45 seconds at least to load, then takes a few minutes to open the specific email. I cannot figure out how to fix it. My other gmail address is worling fine on the same devices. Apple said it must be a google problem. Problem is I cannot fimd a way to email them.

Any advice?

I switched to using my iCloud email account full time and set my gmail to auto forward everything to my iCloud. It's been working great. I turned off gmail in my Apple mail.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.