Gmail notifier broken?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SuperSnake2012, Sep 13, 2006.

1. SuperSnake2012 macrumors 6502a

Oct 11, 2005
    I get a nice little pop up everytime I receive Gmail. There is a button to click that takes me to my inbox so I can check it. When I click on it, nothing happens and I have to go to Gmail manually. How can I fix this? :(
  2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

Oct 8, 2002
    The Bamboo Forest
    Mine is the same way if it makes you feel slightly better. :(
  3. quigleybc macrumors 68030

Jun 17, 2005
    Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    that stupid app is always getting F'd up...

I just quit if for a few days, and then reopen it and it sorts itself out so far..
  4. irbdavid macrumors regular

Mar 27, 2006
    Mine's bust too. Just goes to show even google can make sucky software.
  5. icec0ld macrumors member

Mar 1, 2006
    did you turn off the google calendar portion of it? when i turned it off (i don't use google calendar) it disabled the gmail portion. since i dont use the calendar, i just keep using the older version (gmail notifier instead of the google notifier)...
  6. pianoman macrumors 68000

May 31, 2006
    happens to me too. i programmed quicksilver so that when i press F2 it opens up that way, when i see the red envelope, i just hit F2 and i'm at my inbox.

send in feedback. everytime i've sent in feedback, they've always responded quickly and nicely, usually with a response that they're working on it or offering some sort of work-around.
  7. MajereXYU macrumors regular

May 11, 2005
    Uh? I know it won't solve the problem of Gmail notifier but maybe you guys could try using to retrieve your Gmail Mail?

I set-up both my Gmail accounts in and I set Mail to check for new mail every minute.

Whenever I get mail, the red seal shows up on Mail's dock icon and then I just open Mail to read it.

You should try it, it's actually pretty simple.

Hotmail, on the other hand, won't let you configure POP3 access in Mail.

8. Josephkyles macrumors regular

Sep 7, 2006
    Will Apple Mail check for new mail when it is not active?
  9. SuperSnake2012 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oct 11, 2005
    Hmm, that seemed to do the trick! :D Thank you.