Gmail on iMail suddenly stopped working

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by ichigo2006, Oct 1, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

I'm using 10.7 on a MacBook Pro. I've had my Gmail account on iMail for a long time and I've used 2-step verification for a few weeks with no problem.

All of a sudden it has stopped working and I've gone into my Gmail account, reset the authorised applications code and when I put the new code into iMail it's fine and then if I sleep the laptop, the next time I open iMail it doesn't work :/

Any help is much appreciated :)

2. macrumors 603

justperry

Seems like a sleep problem.
    Does it work after a restart, or log out?
    If it does then there might be a bug that prevents you getting mail after you awake the System from sleep.
    If that's the case the only thing you can do is send a bug report to Apple and hope it will be resolved in an update.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for this.

The thing is though the other email accounts on my iMail (including other Gmail addresses but without 2-step verification and a hotmail address) all seem to function fine after a sleep.

It's just this account with 2-step verification that doesn't seem to work...

4. macrumors G4

Two things:
    1. The bundled OS X email client is Mail. IMail is a Windows-based email server.
    2. Make sure that your Mail settings for problematic account match its settings on the Gmail.com website.