GMAT prep software for macs?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by question fear, Apr 18, 2004.

1. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

So I am prepping for the GMAT, and when I went to download the practice software I noticed it is PC-only...has anyone else who's prepped for an ETS test found a mac-friendly software prep program?

Also, is anyone in business school/recently out, and has any info on how mac friendly the avg school is? The most I've gotten is that BU is pc-only due to testing software, and that Bentley has a strong pc bent but no one knew for sure what wasn't mac compatible. any thoughts?

2. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

I took the GMATs a few years ago, but I had a PC at the time. So I can't help you with the software.

But I do remember that I found a whole bunch of web sites that had sample tests and such. I'd look at some web sites as a supplement. Plus, a lot of these places had test taking strategies that I found invaluable.

I ended up doing very well in the Verbal and Math sections. I did poorly in the essay. If you're not a good writer, like me, I would bone up on the essay portion. At the very least, read over the possible essay topics as they are provided ahead of time.

And good luck with your MBA dreams.

3. question fear thread starter macrumors 68020

question fear

thanks for the advice!
    I am usually ok on writing but im planning some essay drills for myself, and hoping to have a few friends "grade" them, just to see where i'm at (since i havent had to write an essay on command in a year).
    i have the official ets gmat book plus a princeton review book plus flashcards...im immersing myself in gmat for the next month...
    did you go on to get your mba or move on to other things?

4. question fear thread starter macrumors 68020

question fear

ok, you know there's a dearth of software out there when a search for gmat mac compatible software on google has as its best match this thread :)
    hehehe.

5. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

I ended up not getting accepted to the 3 schools that I applied to. I think I really aimed high and ended up missing the mark. I like to think that if I had chosen a different time to apply, I might have had better results. Anyways, I had read that since the Internet bubble burst, many of those entreprenuer types went back to school and I was compete with an abnormally large pool of applicants.

So I ended up staying at my job as an engineer. In the end, I guess it was OK. I'm doing good now.

I hope you have a better result. Good luck.

6. manhattangmat macrumors newbie

Free Sample GMAT Test

Hi everyone,

I'm writing from ManhattanGMAT to make you aware of our free resources on our website! If you need to practice taking the GMAT, check out our free GMAT sample test. This test is a full-length computer adaptive exam modeled after the real GMAT. Each test comes with a detailed assessment report module that you can use to break down your performance and guide your studying. We also have a MBA resource section that has a ton of free articles regarding the business school applicatoion process.

Good luck!

Manhattan GMAT
    http://www.manhattangmat.com