Go anywhere multitool

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Sesshi, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

What with aircraft restrictions these days it seems I'm limited in what I can carry anywhere as far as multitools are concerned. I don't actually have a need for a knife in many situations but the other tools that a multitool brings to me is sometimes indispensable.

What's a good, high-quality Leatherman style multitool which I can take anywhere without restrictions?

2. tvguru macrumors 6502

When I fly I through mine in my checked luggage. I know it doesn't answer your question, but through that out in the slim chance that you weren't aware that was aloud. :)

3. Sesshi thread starter macrumors G3

Sesshi

Yeah I'm aware of that. It's just that I want it handy all the time if possible and not worry about repacking it.

4. ejb190 macrumors 65816

ejb190

I think you are going to be really limited in options if you fly. About anything with a blade will be taken away from you. That does not leave very many options for a multitool. I put my knives in my checked baggage and have never had a problem. (I often bring grafting and pruning tools with me).

5. Lau Guest

I also suspect you'd have trouble getting things like a screwdriver, nail file and other pointy things through, which rules out most multitools. In other words, most useful tooly things are banned by security.