Go to www.apple.com

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by bunge, Dec 31, 2001.

1. bunge macrumors member

Nov 3, 2001
    For more hype.

"This one is big. Even by our standards."
  2. macaddict123k macrumors member

Aug 1, 2001
    Palm Harbor, Florida
    i just saw that and came 2 post something about it.
  3. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

Jan 2, 2001
    Metairie, LA
    now that is very inriguing...

"big, even by our standards!"

I can only imagine what's going down....and wish I could be there!
  4. kishba macrumors 6502a

Dec 11, 2001

has apple ever done this before?? if they haven't than this macworld is going to bring much more than we could have ever hoped.

the g5 doesnt seem so far away now
  5. MacManiac1224 macrumors regular

Oct 21, 2001
    I don't know....

I don't know, but I have never seen that before, I think we are going to see something really crazy: new digital device, or maybe G5.
  6. newamiga macrumors member

Dec 25, 2001
    I can't wait now.. Big

Ok I was at MWNY this summer and to say Steve was pissed is the understatement of the year. I can't see him making this big a deal after they did not really deliver there and got so much egg on their face. That combined with the move up a day.. come one Steve and the boys would not upset that many peoples travel plans that late in the game if it weren't huge. I have been going to the show for years and I never remember seeing Apple do a huge moniker on their own web site to hype the show. So what does it all mean. Well I am really thinking that the reason for one day early is that there are so many things new in the Apple booth that they just could not set up a day in advance and cover everything til the next day. Now they can announce all of the new stuff get people to run to the Apple Store to place orders and then have all afternoon to back the truck up to the back of Moscone and unload. Also for those at MWSF last year .. anyone else notice the real lack of advertising around the venue.. I mean compared to the year prior.. after the keynote they scrambled to get the PB G4 ads up on all of the street corners.. this year they don't have to worry about hiding huge billboards and banners and can have them all up the day of the opening of the show. One last item of intrigue.. it seems with past announcements that very few of the workers in teh Apple booth at the show have any time to get to know about the new products.. before they show them to the public.. the day earlier will allow them to at least have a day to get to know the new machines and digital device before showing it to the public. Less than a week man I can't wait to see what the one more thing is this time..
  7. MattB macrumors member

Jul 16, 2001
    OH MAN!!!

Now they are even hyping themselves....I think we are in for a serious treat at MWSF!!!!
  8. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

Jan 2, 2001
    Metairie, LA
    I'm getting excited just thinking about it! I really wish I could afford the travel expenses to register and go! I am so wanting a new PowerMac tower.....very high end G4 or even mid-level G5....
  9. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

Nov 4, 2001

Something LARGE is coming (I might be too excited)

Lets hope for G5s!

10. samy85114 macrumors regular

Dec 20, 2001
    Exactly, G5 doesn't seem so far away now.. IMac too , i guess... Apple had never promoting a Keynote like this one, i'm sure that one will be fantastic. really!!

Let celebrate !! :)

Happy new year everybody!
  11. OSUbuckeyefan macrumors regular

Dec 7, 2001
    Now I'm really hoping for a G5 with 25"-ish mega display!!
  12. Foocha macrumors 6502a

Jul 10, 2001
    Exciting but not necessarily a G5

This is really exciting, but it doesn't necessarily mean G5. It could mean new, revolutionary iMac. I don't think simply an LCD iMac would be enough to justify an apple.com home page like that, so I suspect a revolutionary design, maybe with removable Web tablet. Alternatively, perhaps more digital devices.

13. Bandit macrumors member

Dec 31, 2001
    new device?

I think that we will definitely see a new device. When Steve introduced the iPod he showed a graphic with 4 quadrants: Music, Video, DVD, Photos. This reminds me of the graphic he used to show the consumer and pro models of portables and desktops. Steve said that they choose music because it was something that everyone liked and used. I think he will hit one of the other quadrants on the 7th. Either an Apple digital camera, video camera, or DVD playing device. They already have software for each quadrant now all we need is the devices. They could all sync with the software beautifully like iPod/iTunes. No matter what they release it will be "revolutionary."

Also has anyone heard whether or not TechTV will broadcast the keynote like the last one. I think I want to have this one on tape.
  14. MattB macrumors member

Jul 16, 2001
    Why a Camera?

Apple would be foolish to try to produce their own line of digital cameras. They'd be eaten alive by Olympus, Sony, Nikon, Kodak, HP, Canon and FujiFilm.

I'm sure Jobs' speech will be aired during TechLive on TechTV like it always is, 9am PST.

[Edited by MattB on 12-31-2001 at 03:42 PM]
  15. blackpeter macrumors 6502a

Aug 14, 2001
    Just Registered

I live a 5 min walk from the Moscone Center, but up until today I hadn't regestered for the show. But after today's hype on apple.com, I'm in.
    I couldn't shell out the minimum $200 to actually see the keynote (I think I'd rather watch it from home, believe it or not) but for $15 I'll be able to get my grubby little hands some some of the new product (or, at least, my grubby little eyes).
  16. GigaWire macrumors 6502

Dec 25, 2001
  17. MattB macrumors member

Jul 16, 2001
    iMac all the way

A new iMac will have a bigger impact on the industry and consumers than the G5 will.
  18. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

Jan 2, 2001
    Metairie, LA
    No PDA!!!!

I hope we don't start having people say...

"Maybe we're gonna see a PDA?"
  19. Dai Bando macrumors member

Dai Bando

Dec 31, 2001
    northeast territory
    What I've heard from a contact at Moto about 6 weeks ago, is; Apple received 'large quantities' of 1.6 G5s.

Gigawire has some compatability problems with existing motherboards.

Modular imacs. Like the old performa bundle. Separate LCD display--but so cheap no one can compete at that price point. Still G3s.

We shall soon see. Stay tuned.
  20. Tomasz macrumors regular

Dec 30, 2001
    Berkeley, California
    maybe it's a new PDA!!!

Just kidding.... just messing with eyelikeart.
  21. macboy macrumors regular

Apr 18, 2001
    Apple has a new line up of products...

I did an analyzing project for university and apple needs something big to give them a boost.

New PowerMac running at G5 over 1GHz.

A new design for the iMac speeds 600,700,800 G4. Look at what the G4s run at now and that will most likely be the speeds.

iPod 5GB & 10GB drives

New iDigital Hub products

New iSoftware.

22. dantec macrumors 6502a

Nov 6, 2001
    The countdown biggins...

7 days to go...

If a new product is gonna be released, the webmaster has already built the web-pages (logically). Can anyone hack into the site and get these HTML files!!! Even if it's text we can get a good idea of the features!
  23. OSUbuckeyefan macrumors regular

Dec 7, 2001
    Re: The countdown biggins...

LMAO :)
  24. macboy macrumors regular

Apr 18, 2001
    Those files would be on Apple's computers and not on the net yet... The computer, probably a laptop, is probably locked up and away from Apple's employees...

25. DannyZR2 macrumors 6502

Sep 18, 2001

I am hoping for a camera.. it's time for me to buy one,, and I hope my waiting to see what Steve has to show will pay off.