Go vote on CNN.com

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by onealc, Jan 24, 2004.

1. onealc macrumors member

www.cnn.com

There's a poll asking whether you're a Mac or PC Person. I just thought some of us might want go over real quick and vote so they know there are plenty of us out here!

2. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    kinda seems silly doesnt it, they know less than 5% have macs, how do they think this poll will turn out,

but im still voting

3. onealc thread starter macrumors member

Voting

lol, I know it really is silly. I think my caffeine hasn't started working so I'm more juvenile than normal. (scary). ;)

4. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

well, it might not be completely accurate to say that the poll will turn out at 5%. That's not the total marketshare of personal computers - nor is it even the question.

If you take out all of the computers that offices have for their employees - and only look at choice in the home - the percentage is far higher.

The question behind this poll trumps all marketshare reports - which can be skewed by numerous variables. It simply asks: Are you a Mac fan - or a PC fan?? This will show far more accurately what people choose to work on.

5. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    hahah someone is pretty serious about analysing this poll.

6. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

serious or not, this is a better question - where your allegiance lies.

But just to be technical, it may be a little more biased toward Macs b/c a sold 10% of the Wintel users out there probably have OS errors and problems that are keeping them from even getting to CNN.com :eek:

7. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

Maybe CNN is taking a poll of how many people are Mac Fans so they can weigh if they should keep writing their page in a way that Safari displays it. I know that they can see what OS you are using when you get to their site, but maybe this way they can project PC users that might be buying a Mac in the future....

Or maybe the poll has something to do with that fed question to a student to ask the political candidate. (I just remember a student was told to ask the candidate if he used Mac or PC. Was it CNN that fed the question? I can't remember, and please don't turn this into a political thread. :)

8. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

I voted, hey we have 16% on the poll, not bad at all!

9. alxths macrumors 6502

You shoulld expect a higher than accurate representation of Mac users/fans since they are much more likely to respond to this sort of thing than most PC users are.

10. pooky macrumors 6502

You should expect any online poll to be highly biased anyway, due to the inability to keep people from voting twice, no random sample, geographic bias, etc. It's an online poll. It's about as meaningful as putting a mac next to a PC on a bench and flicking boogers at them both to decide which is the snottier OS.

Not to mention I would suspect ANY poll that CNN put out. Even if the question is "what is your gender?"